Homeworld: Rebirth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Automated special attack, and exp to smaller ships too

3 posters

Go down

Automated special attack, and exp to smaller ships too Empty Automated special attack, and exp to smaller ships too

Post by Yass_27 Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:58 am

i hope non of you hit my pretty face, but i'm not remember wich mod was, where i see that, but in the ship file there was a special attack line with 0, (inactive on the panel) and then in the research file, a line wich enabled the special attack in normal mode, when researched. so, you do not have to press the ugly 'z' every time... i think the pilots of a shiry for example, are not idiots, they can fire they callistoes when needed, without my premission...  and i feel the same when i'm pressin 'z' for bombers, destroyers, etc. mothership's big gun is okay, but when you have a lot of fighters, bombers, frigates, it's fustrating.
if i'm honest, i think the only thing wich is good to be manual handled is the nuclear missile/bomb.

and the second tought is... i really wish for experience to fighters, frigates too. i think they have to be better in time. better in avoiding enemy fire actions, and better in firing them down. if i'm not mistaken, the exp improve slightly the ships health-speed-damage abblity. am i correct?
when i researched a shiry, i want to hesitate to replace my old experienced fighters with these new ones. i want to cry, if some of them dies on mission.
i tried to do this myself, but i'm not capable Crying or Very sad  i'am a noob...
so, there is anybody agree with this?
maybe somebody can tell me, how can i add experience to the fighters, please? Rolling Eyes 

(i speak english very badly, so, if i mistaken some expression, or what, then excuse me)

Yass_27

Back to top Go down

Automated special attack, and exp to smaller ships too Empty Re: Automated special attack, and exp to smaller ships too

Post by Nakamura Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:29 pm

90% of shots would be wasted on wrong targets, mate.
Nakamura
Nakamura

http://www.moddb.com/mods/hw2rebirth

Back to top Go down

Automated special attack, and exp to smaller ships too Empty Re: Automated special attack, and exp to smaller ships too

Post by Yass_27 Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:03 pm

hmm.... maybe i'm looking after that mod, and see how i can do the same, and try it out...
but to be honest, i thought it is not complicated, right now i can see, if somebody want this to work poperly, need some ai scripting too.
( i'm not glad with that, i'm a bad notepad+ scripter Very Happy )

Yass_27

Back to top Go down

Post by assasing123 Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:40 am

you could tweak some weapon like abilities to give them accuracy or penetration 0 against wrong targets, so they only get automatically used vs proper targets
assasing123
assasing123

Back to top Go down

Post by Yass_27 Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:41 am

oh god, you are right! i'm soooo stupid...
by the way... in the complex simple mod the fighters, corvettes have xp too.
but sadly i can't implement ( is this the right word? ) that in the complex, nor in the enhanced...
and i definetly don't know if those xp-s add some plus for the fighters-corvettes abilities. i go looking after these things too in this week.
maybe the creator of the simple guide me...

Yass_27

Back to top Go down

Post by assasing123 Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:58 pm

homeworld 2 stock has an experience system for ships, I just don't know how it works, that kind of core stuff is more of IGBC or nakamura, they know the system better.
assasing123
assasing123

Back to top Go down

Post by Yass_27 Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:37 pm

i'm talking about the experience system created by the complex team, with exp subsystem, exp lua file, ect.
i don't know nothing about the vanilla exp system. if you not mention it, i don't know there is one Very Happy
i see there is a lot of things i have to learn if i want to modding my game to my taste... but i'm going to try it...

Yass_27

Back to top Go down

Post by assasing123 Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:19 am

it basically increased ship stats as they got experience automatically... sort of like an RPG game.
assasing123
assasing123

Back to top Go down

Post by Yass_27 Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:56 am

unfortunatelly the creator of the simplex (siliconworm ) advise me to not try to add experience to the small crafts, as he(?) did, becouse it's not simple Very Happy
( i belive him... simplex is lagging like hell :/ )
so, i give up in this.
but, the researchable auto special attack working fine Very Happy
at least, i have to make some docking path to capitals to speed up the docking-undocking for the fighters, and i'm going to play a until i get a hw3, or a complex 9 Laughing 
god... i really like complex & enhanced mods

Yass_27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down