Homeworld: Rebirth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Speed up docking •••••(complete) Nakamura

5 posters

Go down

Speed up docking •••••(complete) Nakamura Empty Speed up docking •••••(complete) Nakamura

Post by Nakamura Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:36 pm

For more rapid deployment and docking, I`m going to reduce the time spent waiting between two ships docking and undocking by a factor of 5.

I`m also going to triple the repair speeds of ships, as we seem to seriously lack in that area, which takes away from dynamics.

Last edited by Nakamura on Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Nakamura
Nakamura

http://www.moddb.com/mods/hw2rebirth

Back to top Go down

Speed up docking •••••(complete) Nakamura Empty Re: Speed up docking •••••(complete) Nakamura

Post by ALC Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:04 am

Long needed. This will improve game flow a lot.

ALC

Back to top Go down

Speed up docking •••••(complete) Nakamura Empty Re: Speed up docking •••••(complete) Nakamura

Post by Aediren Rowenus Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:11 am

Nakamura wrote:For more rapid deployment and docking, I`m going to reduce the time spent waiting between two ships docking and undocking by a factor of 5.

I`m also going to triple the repair speeds of ships, as we seem to seriously lack in that area, which takes away from dynamics.

Awesome!! I've been waiting for this one. I get sick of trying to hide my RC's in docking from the AI and they don't dock fast enough to not get destroyed before they hit me! The only way to counter that was to move them all in the opposite direction and leave them far away from my MS while she does all the fighting. Then sometimes though they decide its worth it to fly past my MS and hunt down every single one of my RC's anyway Sad  On a side note, I can crush the hell out of the Expert Vaygr AI now, but two at once is a different story! Having the first wave be 20 squadrons of assault craft is enough but then getting rushed with like 14 frigates and tons of corvettes/fighters gets difficult. I have yet to survive very long against 2 Expert AI.. Perhaps if I put in an AI on my team? It would lag me all to hell I'm sure xD
Aediren Rowenus
Aediren Rowenus

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:43 am

Task complete, changes work really well. Still need to figure out where to change the repair rate though.
Nakamura
Nakamura

Back to top Go down

Post by Aediren Rowenus Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:24 pm

It does work really well but its ugly to see all the ships coming out of the docking bay on top of each other. Also they pile up on top of each other like a stack when you try to undock while the launching ship is turning (The Mothership does this, anyways, idk about the other ships). Only way to remedy that is to not undock while turning. Other than that it really does help a bunch.

Speed up docking •••••(complete) Nakamura Ss004510
^Undock while turning = stack of fighters that only disperses when you cancel the move order.
Speed up docking •••••(complete) Nakamura Ss004511
Aediren Rowenus
Aediren Rowenus

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:20 am

Ugh... the ships phasing into each other isn`t very pretty. Perhaps I should cut back on the fighter and corvette changes.
Nakamura
Nakamura

Back to top Go down

Post by Aediren Rowenus Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:40 am

Nakamura wrote:Ugh... the ships phasing into each other isn`t very pretty. Perhaps I should cut back on the fighter and corvette changes.
Can you change the docking value only slightly then perhaps it won't be phasing?. it's not really worth it if not, as it detracts from the overall professional quality of the mod. The speed is great and all but yeah I saw that and was like O.o damn.. Was a good idea though!
Aediren Rowenus
Aediren Rowenus

Back to top Go down

Post by assasing123 Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:47 am

cant we randomize and get multiple undocking points instead so they can still be deployed fast? like the kadeshi needleship in hw1?
assasing123
assasing123

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:17 am

As far as I know that is not possible.
Nakamura
Nakamura

Back to top Go down

Post by assasing123 Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:07 pm

talk about features being taken out...
assasing123
assasing123

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:32 am

The ships don`t clump when using a slightly slower undocking. Still sped this up by a factor of 2.5 though Smile
Nakamura
Nakamura

Back to top Go down

Post by Aediren Rowenus Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:05 am

Awesome!!! Great news! Going to update my files now and try it out. I am really loving the way this mod is going I have to say. king It's so much more clean feeling than when I first tried old complex and I was just overwhelmed by all of it's problems.
Aediren Rowenus
Aediren Rowenus

Back to top Go down

Post by ALC Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:52 am

Nakamura wrote:The ships don`t clump when using a slightly slower undocking. Still sped this up by a factor of 2.5 though Smile
Nicely done, nicely fixed.

ALC

Back to top Go down

Post by Niarro Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:25 pm

Nakamura wrote:As far as I know that is not possible.
This happens with the mining bases, stuff docks and undocks via the three ports kinda randomly O.o

Niarro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down