Homeworld: Rebirth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hull Defense Gun Platform

2 posters

Go down

Hull Defense Gun Platform Empty Hull Defense Gun Platform

Post by DrysonB Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:16 am

I think that the Combat Drones are pretty much a waste of time and resources unless you are trying to get you honor points up through building units and are maxed out on your crew.

The Combat Drones really do not do much damage even in great numbers and are quickly swiped aside. Don't get me wrong I love using them but they are really nothing more than an invisible paper wall.

I suggest creating a Hull Defense Gun Platform that would be built around the Hull Defense guns that comes standard on the Carrier, Mothership, Scavenger ect.

The Hull Defense Gun Platform would have six Hull Defense Guns and would be a single movement type ship similar to the Zippo Turrets created by the Scavenger.

Once in place the Hull Defense Gun Platform could be used as ambush point supported by Combat Drone to lure the enemy past where the platform would then open fire on them.

Each platform would have 250 units of armor and a 500 unit shield upgrade.
A platform would cost 750 RU to build and would be able to dock up to six combat drones in the hangar bay.

The Hull Defense Platform could also be a way to incorporate the Probe, Proximity Probe and Distortion Probe into one convienant package.

Since there is alot talk of modularity these days this could be another project to reduce the total number of assets in the game by incorporating them into a single platform where each platform would have a slot that could be upgraded with either Probe, Proximity or Distortion components from the probes.

DrysonB

Back to top Go down

Hull Defense Gun Platform Empty Re: Hull Defense Gun Platform

Post by Chosen One Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:31 pm

The point of it is?
Chosen One
Chosen One

Back to top Go down

Post by DrysonB Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:49 am

The point is to combine the Hull Defense Turret (the Big Brother of the Combat Drone) and the functions of the Probe, Proximity Sensor and Distortion Probe into one modular package that can be deployed around critical areas of advance.

DrysonB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down