Homeworld: Rebirth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Customizable AI

+2
General Anubis
bladevalant546
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Customizable AI - Page 2 Empty Re: Customizable AI

Post by Farcrada Thu May 16, 2013 2:52 am

General Anubis wrote:In less words, See the big picture!
But it still won't help if we miss the small details. Look at what we've removed and balanced so far. Little details that will make the game SO much more fun.
Farcrada
Farcrada
Fairy Princess

https://homeworldrebirth.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura Thu May 16, 2013 2:53 am

Like we already said, these AI improvements might be applied for the computer controlled opponents.
While we have countless tasks to complete now, this is certainly on the list for the future.
Nakamura
Nakamura

http://www.moddb.com/mods/hw2rebirth

Back to top Go down

Post by General Anubis Thu May 16, 2013 2:54 am

Cool deal - well, regardless I'm glad at least something constructive came out of this crazy discussion, lol.
General Anubis
General Anubis

Back to top Go down

Post by General Anubis Thu May 16, 2013 2:57 am

Blade's here standing behind me (he works in the same office).

He appreciates the constructive criticism - also, improving the AI to be more tactically skilled is a great improvement over the intentionally cheating AI at higher difficulty levels (I mean... pumping out battleships one after another with <1000 RUs and no Heavy Capital Ship Facility... lol).
General Anubis
General Anubis

Back to top Go down

Post by Farcrada Thu May 16, 2013 2:58 am

General Anubis wrote:(I mean... pumping out battleships one after another with <1000 RUs and no Heavy Capital Ship Facility... lol)
Exactly... Makes me rage when my cap facility dies with 3 seconds left in the build...
Farcrada
Farcrada
Fairy Princess

https://homeworldrebirth.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bladevalant546 Thu May 16, 2013 3:04 am

Sorry it took me long to post, as I been reading.

Sorry for the misunderstanding and I see were the 25% docking thing does sound noobish, however it was only a example for a larger purpose. Concerning the AI, one thing in RTS and other games when I look at the design specs is they make the AI cheat on higher difficulty.

Regarding that to me is lazy and out of scope, I think a goal concerning AI should be, "make it smarter not harder". What that means is AI challenge should be smarter as you go higher. Cheating like Anubis states is annoying and can lead to unfair advantages. I appreciate the criticism because it what I like. I prefer not everyone to think the same and a healthy debate is good. Anubis and I experience in game design has many similar debates on game mechanics so no offense has been taken. As I stated before I myself LOVE homeworld and VERY zealous against mainstreaming of gaming. Also, I want what’s best for this mod and Homeworld in general. So I will always throw ideas around (which my mind races with and it can be annoying). So if the scope of this evolved into AI functionality, we can discuss on improvements. Also, note since me playing homeworld since 2003 release there has not been any real AI improvements to his degree. So lets discuss the AI behavior with this scope in shall we?

bladevalant546

Back to top Go down

Post by Yass_27 Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:02 pm

the last post is 5 months old, but i reply Razz
and i speak english very badly, i'm sorry about that...  but i reply...
i think, this is a good idea. battle in a real life is a real rts. and in the real battle,  the commander not looking after let say his f-18 pilot, and asking all the time
-Are  you hurt? Then come back!
and i like to see, when i put together a task force, and tell them go, and kill sombody, but before that i mikromanage they ai, i get the pay off.
it would be awesome, i tell my battle carrier, to go around these waypoints, and look after targets with her scout wich is circling around her 15 km away, and if there is some bad guys, attack them with fighters, but stay away. and if she lost half of her fighters, come home. i have the ability to add new orders, but i'm not have to do that. in real life the soldiers, the captains, the pilots not idiots. ( honestly, i always modded my capships to the just shoot attack, becouse they are idiots, so i mikromanage all of them, they all move... )

and of course i pray to god for a good ai for the ai enemy too... i hate them, becouse they cheating, they kill themselves, not retire when needed, and so on, you know the rest... my vision is:
cpu carrier jumps in out of sensor range, undock her fighters-bombers, attack a ru operation site, or a subsystem, or something vulnerable with high cost, retreat, dock, jumps out.

Yass_27

Back to top Go down

Post by IGBC Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:01 am

this feature is not going in.
Topic Locked
IGBC
IGBC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content