Homeworld: Rebirth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stalker Destroyer Idea

4 posters

Go down

Stalker Destroyer Idea Empty Stalker Destroyer Idea

Post by PurpleKalamar Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:50 am

So, since I designed this ship:

Stalker Destroyer Idea 1376585786-destroyer
I'm asking to myself "what the heck could it be"
Indeed, there is already a destroyer. A heavy destroyer too. Damn. Then I thinked about a Vaygr Stalker Destroyer.
It would be just a little more armored than a destroyer, would drive at 130-140 m/s without upgrades, and would have for armament 2x3 missiles launcher, 1 dual heavy kinetic cannon and 2 dual normal kinetic cannon. And something like 6 anti fighter lance hardpoints.
Also it will bring two new researchs:
-Stalker Destroyer Cloak, upgradable with the general cloak duration tech
-If possible, Stalker Destroyer Afterburners, with 3 levels of upgrades (which won't improve the speed buff, but the duration and the reload time)
In addition of the standard rear-placed reactors, I made 2 empty  slots on each side of the vessel hull.
I hope the concept will please you :)It seemed me to be original and not redundant to other destroyers.

Edit: Gasp. I dunno why the link doesn't work. However, the ship is the second one of the Wrath of Maakan topic.

Last edited by Nakamura on Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : image fixed, use [img][/img])
PurpleKalamar
PurpleKalamar

Back to top Go down

Stalker Destroyer Idea Empty Re: Stalker Destroyer Idea

Post by Niarro Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:49 am

I'd say make it a little /less/ armored than a destroyer XD I'd use this a lot, would love to see a faster battle cap, with reasonable firepower and less armor to harrass with

Niarro

Back to top Go down

Post by ALC Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:40 pm

Nice idea.
This is along the lines of the Recon cruiser idea that Bill, Spacekookie, myself and others were discussing on the Complex forum sometime back. Even got a model done for that...

ALC

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:42 pm

Sounds like a high tech ship, this would make an interesting addition. Careful not to overload it with weapons if it will have integrated cloak.
Nakamura
Nakamura

http://www.moddb.com/mods/hw2rebirth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down