Homeworld: Rebirth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Research, crew station and research station.

2 posters

Go down

Research, crew station and research station. Empty Research, crew station and research station.

Post by assasing123 Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:20 pm

so tried a few multis with a pair of friends and some singles vs many pc as well, and It seems this might need to be addressed, the research station for the hiigarans and the crew ones are too vulnerable, be either with bombers on the game start or a single dread in end game, snipping them is too easy and this pretty much devastates hiigaran players completely.

also since the powerups were removed it might be worth looking again at buffing research speed to be linear with the amount of research divisions and maybe either allow more research stations for the hiigaran, allow more research modules on the research station (which just makes it a more juicy target for your enemy and a easy one at that) or move research back into the capital ships and get rid of the crew station for hiiragan.

practically all the matches I won, were because my friends would keep choosing hiigs, and I would just use bombers on this stations, ion frigates, missile corvettes, or a dread, they didn't have many choices on how to defend since even using a grav field to stop my dreads, didn't stop me from just placing it with hyperspace perfectly aligned and aiming to the crew station, and snipping it from max range.
assasing123
assasing123

Back to top Go down

Research, crew station and research station. Empty Re: Research, crew station and research station.

Post by Nakamura Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:37 am

This is something we are currently investigating. Perhaps we'll add some light defense(pulsars) for the early game, and something more solid(defense field) for late game.
The module based research speed buff is fine, it's some of the techs that have too long completion times. That is something we'll investigate in due time. Currently our balancing focuses on early/mid game.
Nakamura
Nakamura

http://www.moddb.com/mods/hw2rebirth

Back to top Go down

Research, crew station and research station. Empty Re: Research, crew station and research station.

Post by assasing123 Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:06 pm

ahhh great, is good to know this is being addressed! and sorry about the spinning mother ship topic... didn't saw it before.. didn't want to necro.
assasing123
assasing123

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down