Homeworld: Rebirth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strikecraft

4 posters

Go down

Strikecraft Empty Strikecraft

Post by Brandorallan Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:27 am

Hey gang. New to the forums here. Very happy to see this "enhanced" version of complex. It was time for an upgrade. =)

Some quick thoughts on fighters and gunships (aka strikecraft) These are things that have been driving me nuts since the launch of HW2 10 years ago. I will just call everything fighters to keep it simple.

Firstly. If you have a fighter bay - you can only have 10 fighters! If you have 2 fighter bays - you can have 20! Makes sense. Each capital ship that has a fighter bay will manage, control, repair, produce its own fighters. I am thinking of room, manpower, and production.

Secondly. Fighters return to their own capital or super capital ship by default. Unless you tell them other wise. The capital ship can then replace lost fighters, and repair damaged ones. Capital ships can have multiple bays, but at the expense of other toys, upgrades, and goodies. Supercaps can have more bays of course. I would love some order to the chaos. Capital ship A has squad A. Supercap ship B has squad B1, B2, and B3. Etc

Thirdly. The mother ship should be able to launch all of her fighters like a pissed off beehive. We have a ship that is huge. Launch them ALL in a few seconds from multiple ports. One port and 10 fighters per bay. I usually take a nap while waiting for fighters to do whatever it is they are doing whilst they are supposed to be repairing or launching.

Lastly. A big thanks for keeping this game going, and looking for ways to improve it. Awesome job!

Brandorallan

Back to top Go down

Strikecraft Empty Re: Strikecraft

Post by ALC Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:11 am

Welcome to the enhanced forum Smile
Afaik, the game engine doesn't support more than 1 fighter bay on a ship.

Rapid launch ought to be possible though, and probably the return to ship of launch command.

ALC

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:59 pm

This system you suggest really reminds me of sins of a solar empire. The #1 problem is that it`s impossible with the HW 2 engine.
The #2 problem is that it would hurt early game dynamics.

Launch speeds have been addressed, as you`ll see in the 8.8 release.
Nakamura
Nakamura

http://www.moddb.com/mods/hw2rebirth

Back to top Go down

Post by assasing123 Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:04 am

isn't it amazing how the Homeworld 2 engine is mechanically much inferior to the homeworld 1 Engine used in cataclysm?

someone derped really hard at Relic back in 2001...

it had multiple undocking, multibuilding, the subsystems worked way better and could be stacked easily without problems, true ballistics...

I wish we had coders to work with the Hw1 source and actually make our own homeworld... with a much easier to work engine...
assasing123
assasing123

Back to top Go down

Post by ALC Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:53 pm

assasing123 wrote:with a much easier to work engine...
Might get that soon with a HW 3 of some kind from the new guys on the block.

ALC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum