Homeworld: Rebirth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application for Campaign Story-writing

3 posters

Go down

Application for Campaign Story-writing Empty Application for Campaign Story-writing

Post by Shojiro Katsuragi Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:02 am

This is completely embarrasing... I don't know where I should post an application to help out with the story-writing for the planned campaign. So I'm putting it here.

Let's start at the start, alright?
I've been writing for pretty much as long as I can remember, either poems, short stories, essays, speeches, and even a couple dozen for-my-eyes-only novels. I have a deep passion for writing.
I suppose I should probably list a few attributes that would make me a worthy choice? Well, here goes.
I've been taking English and Afrikaans Homelanguage at my school for the past 3 years (I'm graduating this October). My English Average is 91% and my average for paper 3 (The Exams paper focusing on creative writing) has always been above 93%.
My speciality lies in character creation and interaction. I love writing something surprising and unpredictable. I have some experience writing plays and other more interactive media. I have written a play or two for our school.

I am not sure if that could be considered enough for the application, nor whether it would be at all applicable, it's just that I felt it was something I wanted to apply for.
If anyone has any questions they would like to ask me, they can post it here, or if they want to ask me more personally, and with a faster response, they can email me at KuheyArusaki@gmail.com.

Sincerely
Gideon Roos

Shojiro Katsuragi

Back to top Go down

Application for Campaign Story-writing Empty Re: Application for Campaign Story-writing

Post by Farcrada Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:14 pm

Bump, as I think these kinds of ideas can best be started sooner rather than later. xD
Farcrada
Farcrada
Fairy Princess

https://homeworldrebirth.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Application for Campaign Story-writing Empty Re: Application for Campaign Story-writing

Post by Nakamura Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:06 pm

I'll write a follow-up email. Completely forgot about this.
Nakamura
Nakamura

http://www.moddb.com/mods/hw2rebirth

Back to top Go down

Post by Shojiro Katsuragi Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:22 pm

I am very happy to announce that I have been invited to join the team as a campaign writer.  I am very honoured and hope that I will be able to give valuable input to the project as a whole and not just to the campaign arena.

I have some experience doing coding, though modding itself is something I have never tried my hand at.  I have also helped out preliminarily with game design, helping develope the main concepts and dynamics of the games.  Just to clear up, game design is not game coding, it is the brainstorming and high level design of how different facets of the game should work, but not the actual nitty gritty coding.  A game designer would typically work along the lines of:  The UI should have fluently opening tabs, with tab 1,2,3 coming from the left, and the font looking like this.  The player shouldn't have to wait for the door to completely open, but be able to walk through as it opens.  etc.  Whilst the coder concerns himself with the actual coding to make that happen.

To help with my preparation for beginning work on the campaign, I am now beginning to do research on the lore and background of the Homeworld universe.  Any links or hints that anyone can offer in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

Anyway, I have great hopes for the next mod and can't wait to begin working.

Sincerely
Gideon Roos

Shojiro Katsuragi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down