Homeworld: Rebirth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What races would you like to see?

+3
Subway08
Schism_Navigator
Nakamura
7 posters

Go down

What race would you like to see added?

What races would you like to see? I_vote_lcap43%What races would you like to see? I_vote_rcap 43% 
[ 6 ]
What races would you like to see? I_vote_lcap7%What races would you like to see? I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
What races would you like to see? I_vote_lcap21%What races would you like to see? I_vote_rcap 21% 
[ 3 ]
What races would you like to see? I_vote_lcap7%What races would you like to see? I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
What races would you like to see? I_vote_lcap21%What races would you like to see? I_vote_rcap 21% 
[ 3 ]
What races would you like to see? I_vote_lcap0%What races would you like to see? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 14

What races would you like to see? Empty What races would you like to see?

Post by Nakamura Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:34 am

While we are going to take a long time to work out the races currently in the game(Hiigaran, Vaygr, Kushan, Taiidan), we are planning to add more later down the road. We are leaning for Kadeshi initially, but if votes here are heavily lopsided we may change the priority.

Vote away and please explain why you chose what you did!

PS: I know Bentusi are extinct, but we'd find ways of using them for the campaign if they were to be included (eg playing in a not post hw2 era).
Nakamura
Nakamura

http://www.moddb.com/mods/hw2rebirth

Back to top Go down

What races would you like to see? Empty Re: What races would you like to see?

Post by Schism_Navigator Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:28 pm

Nakamura wrote:

PS: I know Bentusi are extinct, but we'd find ways of using them for the campaign if they were to be included (eg playing in a not post hw2 era).

No pressure right?
Schism_Navigator
Schism_Navigator
Schism Navigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:29 pm

Nah, just a big "if".
Nakamura
Nakamura

Back to top Go down

Post by Schism_Navigator Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:02 pm

It looks like everyone wants Kadeshi and Turanic Raiders.

Without going into details, would you guys want the Kadeshi featured somewhere in a campaign story? Or is this just to inclusion as a faction in the skirmish/multi?
Schism_Navigator
Schism_Navigator
Schism Navigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:56 am

There will be more votes when we make an announcement once all social media is set up. This isn't a sample size to be taken seriously yet.
Nakamura
Nakamura

Back to top Go down

Post by Schism_Navigator Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:56 am

Nakamura wrote:There will be more votes when we make an announcement once all social media is set up. This isn't a sample size to be taken seriously yet.
Fair enough.
Schism_Navigator
Schism_Navigator
Schism Navigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Subway08 Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:21 pm

Hi Everyone,

I picked Kadeshi cause I would LOVE to be able to build and use the multi-beam frigates (or what i call tornado frigates cause they rotate in a circle when they attack). I also love how the Kadeshi overwhelm there targets with swarms of fighters. Just goes to show ya, there is no kill like overkill lol.

Ohh and I don't know if this is still available, but i would like to be a balancer for Homeworld 2 Rebirth. I found a posting for it but its for administers only so i couldn't post there. If there is any information on this or if there is somewhere i can go to talk about it, please, let me know asap. Thanks!

Subway08

Back to top Go down

Post by keemperor Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:05 am

I picked the Somtaaw, because despite Cataclysm's less than stellar reception, it is my favorite in the series.

The Somtaaw where well developed, they had an awesome and unique ship line up and where simply cool and awesome overall.

keemperor

Back to top Go down

Post by Schism_Navigator Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:44 am

Aren't we missing a race? Wink
Schism_Navigator
Schism_Navigator
Schism Navigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Soban Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:19 pm

Hmm. I've actually had old ideas for a fic featuring the Kadeshi post-HW2.
Darth Soban
Darth Soban

Back to top Go down

Post by Schism_Navigator Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:46 pm

Darth Soban wrote:Hmm. I've actually had old ideas for a fic featuring the Kadeshi post-HW2.
Those might be useful.
Schism_Navigator
Schism_Navigator
Schism Navigator

Back to top Go down

Post by myname1z4xs Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:17 am

I want to keep Bentusi alive.
myname1z4xs
myname1z4xs

http://myname1z4xs.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Schism_Navigator Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:17 am

myname1z4xs wrote:I want to keep Bentusi alive.
As much as I hate using the word, that would be "problematic." Both because the Bentusi are canonically dead, as far as the Homeworld galaxy is concerned. And because Campbell Lane WAS the Bentusi and even if we had the money to hire him he has already joined the unbound.

We could hint at the Brotusi surviving in another galaxy, probably from those who left through the slipspace gates in Cataclysm. For a HW1-era campaign we could also maybe do a non-speaking cameo of sorts and reference them plenty. But otherwise I think adding the Bentusi is impossible from a canon perspective and I'd rather let them rest now.
Schism_Navigator
Schism_Navigator
Schism Navigator

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Soban Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:15 am

Keeping the Bentusi alive is at best pure wish-fulfilment. I don't see it as a good idea canonically. Whereas the Kadeshi are not at all explored after the Exiles move on past the nebula, so there's room to expand there. But even then, there's still the Turanic to consider. They were essentially nowhere to be seen in HW2. Where'd they go? Do the Hiigarans and them have a peace agreement? Are some former grudge-bearing Taiidan in their ranks? Who knows o.0
Darth Soban
Darth Soban

Back to top Go down

Post by myname1z4xs Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:02 pm

Darth Soban wrote:Keeping the Bentusi alive is at best pure wish-fulfilment. I don't see it as a good idea canonically. Whereas the Kadeshi are not at all explored after the Exiles move on past the nebula, so there's room to expand there. But even then, there's still the Turanic to consider. They were essentially nowhere to be seen in HW2. Where'd they go? Do the Hiigarans and them have a peace agreement? Are some former grudge-bearing Taiidan in their ranks? Who knows o.0

The plot of HW2 was hinted that remain of Turanic and Taiidan imperialist was absorbed into Vagyr, but still interesting to see how the Taiidan republic is doing. Kadeshi reappear would serve for a big plot, I think the dev had this on their mind.
myname1z4xs
myname1z4xs

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Soban Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:08 pm

The Vaygr and the Turanic reside on opposite ends of the galaxy, so unless the Vaygr somehow control every part of the galaxy outside Hiigaran space it's highly unlikely.
Darth Soban
Darth Soban

Back to top Go down

Post by myname1z4xs Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:33 pm

Darth Soban wrote:The Vaygr and the Turanic reside on opposite ends of the galaxy, so unless the Vaygr somehow control every part of the galaxy outside Hiigaran space it's highly unlikely.

Yes, Turanic should be the outerrim, mission1 had a script that feature the Turanic chatter on some Vaygr ships, but the starmap shows Turanic is on the other side of Vaygr reaches. This would be an very interesting situation, sense the Vaygr could not learned the existence of Turanic. I guess the Turanic is still hiding, they did not pick a side so fast.
myname1z4xs
myname1z4xs

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Soban Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:47 pm

I don't think they really care about the Hiigaran vs. Vaygr war tbh. Imo they were more like mercenaries for the Taiidan, and once their empire collapsed (and after the imperials were essentially pwned if you count cata) they simply went back to their own space, and since they have no personal grudge against the Hiigarans they agreed to keep to their own parts of the galaxy. As for the Vaygr, I doubt they had any knowledge of the Turanic.
Darth Soban
Darth Soban

Back to top Go down

Post by myname1z4xs Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:53 pm

Darth Soban wrote:I don't think they really care about the Hiigaran vs. Vaygr war tbh. Imo they were more like mercenaries for the Taiidan, and once their empire collapsed (and after the imperials were essentially pwned if you count cata) they simply went back to their own space, and since they have no personal grudge against the Hiigarans they agreed to keep to their own parts of the galaxy. As for the Vaygr, I doubt they had any knowledge of the Turanic.

The plot do have formal imperialist join Vagyr, so they should know about the Turanic, but it seems by the end of Cataclysm, Turanic no longer interested to serve the imperialist, although Vagyr can afford to hire merk but they are on a different agenda. Maybe the Turanic did not want to be assimilated into Vagyr, just like they did not chose to join Taiidan.
myname1z4xs
myname1z4xs

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Soban Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:16 pm

I doubt the two even crossed each others' minds. As for the imperialists I'm of the opinion many felt the same as the wannabe emperor from the character development post.

Vaygr are all high and mighty now under some maniac, but the Taiidan hate.. Now that's the one that seeds back millennia to Old Taiid. That's the true rage that will pose a threat to Hiigara. Ooh I have story concepts now. Yes.
Darth Soban
Darth Soban

Back to top Go down

Post by myname1z4xs Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:42 pm

Whatever, I think we should talk about Kadeshi. https://2img.net/i/fa/i/smiles/icon_smile.gif
myname1z4xs
myname1z4xs

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Soban Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:43 pm

Oh. Don't get me started. I had an entire fanfiction set up for them.
Darth Soban
Darth Soban

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:01 am

Just don't spoil potential plots in the public forum Very Happy
Interesting discussion though. I too think that the Turanic were too far out to be of interest to the Vaygr.
Nakamura
Nakamura

Back to top Go down

Post by myname1z4xs Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:30 am

I have an interesting theory about Kadesh, and that is related to HW1 Bentusi.
There must be are a reason that Bentusi never sell anyone that compact ion cannon technology, may be the Kadesh death trap was a result of their "mistake". If you think about the Kadesh design philosophy, you can trace the influence from the Bentusi super acolyte, multibeam frigate is a primitive imitation of acolyte ion, and swamer is to make up the acolyte mobility, a lesser super acolyte knockoff. Mount ion cannon on their mothership is also a Bentusi influence. The fulepod is also a too underclassed ship to have independent hyperspace. Someone must told them something they suppose not know. Prior to entering Nebula, the Bentusi seems shy away from the discussion about what's ahead and only give you a vague warning, and maybe part of their plot to legitimately wipe out the Kadesh. To prevent the farther spread of dangerous technology. Imagine what if the resourceful Taiidan or Vaygr get their hand on these technology, the consequence would be devastating that even endanger Bentusi themselves. This was all too oblivious, think about it, Kadesh is similar in nature with Turanic, while Turanic had scrap piece ships that collect dirt, how does Kadesh in procession of such refined high tech that even the empire is envy of? Some where long ago, they must received "help" from something high and mighty, and the only one fit the bill would be Bentusi, They must helped Kadesh as they helped Kushan, only Kadesh turned out to be a big "mistake".
myname1z4xs
myname1z4xs

Back to top Go down

Post by Koopak Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:25 am

The Kadeshi have had an intresting bit of history to deal with.

Its been 100 years since the Kushan invaded their lands (as they see it) and destroyed What i think is safe to assume, a LARGE portion of their fleet and livelihood. Keep in mind they have been hiding in the nebula for a few thousand years surviving almost entirely off piracy, and rationing of resources.

I imagine that after the Kushan's flight became known some traders or even treasure hunters went exploring in the great nebula and from them the Kadeshi would have an up to date if scewed knowledge of what was going on outside their world.

Further in 100 years a religion can change especialy over such a monumental event, I'd be curious to the Kadeshi outlook post HW2 as they would likely have had a number of trials and tests of their faith and may have come to revere, hate, or even recognize the Hiigarans as brothers. Worse yet, if kith Gaalsien did survive into the present somehow, they may seek an Allegiance with the Kadeshi or at least to manipulate them, but that's conspiracy theories to talk about later.

Koopak

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down