Homeworld: Rebirth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Third Race Design

+10
PurpleKalamar
barabas666
IGBC
assasing123
ALC
Nakamura
Farcrada
Odie_76
bladevalant546
General Anubis
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What type of race should the new race be? (Something resembling one of the following...)

Third Race Design - Page 2 I_vote_lcap16%Third Race Design - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 16% 
[ 3 ]
Third Race Design - Page 2 I_vote_lcap32%Third Race Design - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 32% 
[ 6 ]
Third Race Design - Page 2 I_vote_lcap37%Third Race Design - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 37% 
[ 7 ]
Third Race Design - Page 2 I_vote_lcap5%Third Race Design - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
Third Race Design - Page 2 I_vote_lcap10%Third Race Design - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 19

Third Race Design - Page 2 Empty Re: Third Race Design

Post by barabas666 Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:12 am

Farcrada wrote:Seen it, yes. Now make up a logical story that fits in the Homeworld universe so we can introduce them. xD
Challenge accepted!

barabas666

Back to top Go down

Post by assasing123 Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:39 am

IGBC wrote:err... tadaiin are a fractured kinda minor race post HW2 era, where Complex is set.

that's not very relevant, in hw1 the hiigaran were not even a faction, they were a single ship, look at all they did, the taiidani could very well, do a post WWI German style buildup and become a strong force, in hw1 we arrived at hiigara avoiding most of the taiidani fleet and they thus were not able to respond fast enough, but remember they did had fleets and forces all through the galaxy, is unlikely all those forces were defeated, it was just a thing of king death, hail the new king.

look at star wars for example, sure the rebels killed the emperor, but if you go into what is next, you see that didn't mean much, they still had to battle the empire for years to come and didn't really ever finish it.
assasing123
assasing123

Back to top Go down

Post by PurpleKalamar Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:31 am

I think the best thing in Tadaiin is their possible design and their imperial/republican duality. I always found that Kadeshi looked like space mushrooms, even if their space crusaders mentality is cool; and that turanic ships are too blocky. I mean, right, blocky style is part of HW design, but turanic's ships are too much about cubes.
PurpleKalamar
PurpleKalamar

Back to top Go down

Post by IGBC Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:34 am

whatever race we choose will get a complete overhaul. We're looking into taking inspiration from Warhammer 40000 Battle Fleet Gothic's Space Ork race for a more ramshackle Turranic race.

The "space mushrooms" I can grantee you they would look like utopian colony ships (as that's what they are) and if we really wanted to push the boundaries, who says All the Kadeshi caps are round?

But what fun can we have the the Tadaiin, there just another boring normal race that just gets on with the job.
IGBC
IGBC

Back to top Go down

Post by barabas666 Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:50 am

I've been reading a story based on events after homeworld 2. its called the wrath of the gods, rather entertaining i must say. in it, it describes what happened to the progenitor race and that there were actually 2 groups of them, those that wished for galactic peace and those which thought their power meant that they should rule over all. i havent finished the story yet but what about the idea of bringing back the group of progenitors that were conquerers? we have no idea what the actual progenitor ships looked like. Sajuuk was a 1 off by all means and only a hand full of the dreadnoughts were built but little is know about the rest of the fleet. fun with progenitor is what i say, the possibilities are endless.... mayb the higs meet them after they enter the eye of araan?

barabas666

Back to top Go down

Post by Aediren Rowenus Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:45 am

assasing123 wrote:
IGBC wrote:err... tadaiin are a fractured kinda minor race post HW2 era, where Complex is set.
that's not very relevant, in hw1 the hiigaran were not even a faction, they were a single ship, look at all they did, the taiidani could very well, do a post WWI German style buildup and become a strong force, in hw1 we arrived at hiigara avoiding most of the taiidani fleet and they thus were not able to respond fast enough, but remember they did had fleets and forces all through the galaxy, is unlikely all those forces were defeated, it was just a thing of king death, hail the new king.

look at star wars for example, sure the rebels killed the emperor, but if you go into what is next, you see that didn't mean much, they still had to battle the empire for years to come and didn't really ever finish it.

It's relevant because after the fall of the Taidani Empire, those that were left joined up with the nomad Vaygr fleet. Note how some Vaygr ships bear striking similarities to the old Taidani ships. After the war I'd think they wouldn't have enough infrastructure left to support their population so the only choice they had was to join a superior force (Of which obviously they already had good relations). If you think about this you'll realize that the Vaygr fleet are actually a multi-racial group while the Hiigaran fleet are not. Then again if you look back far enough they could all have a common ancestor race, they did all seemingly originate from the same galaxy. My vote would be for the Progenitors to make a come back. Although design specifications for their ships and fleet operations should be highly unusual, this is what is going to set them apart from our original races.
Aediren Rowenus
Aediren Rowenus

Back to top Go down

Post by Chosen One Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:45 pm

"•Developing Kadeshi as third race" on moddb page...while this poll has 0% for them...
Chosen One
Chosen One

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:18 pm

Yes, we had an internal team discussion about it.

Edit: it's what we found the most practical/exciting to develop. It'll be something new for certain.
Nakamura
Nakamura

http://www.moddb.com/mods/hw2rebirth

Back to top Go down

Post by Passo ola Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:41 am

About the Bentusi .. the Great harbor ship of Bentus was said to be the last of the Bentusi, That could also be seen as a title.
because come on one trade ship launched Super Acolytes and they riped thruw the Beast and Taidan ships and they traded in technologies (hw1/Cata) a race with such powerfull ships would be wiped out i think that very unlikely
In Cata at the galactic gate the Bentusi left but not all at least not in my game. Would all Tradeships be at that location a complete old Unbound race with just 8 or maybe ten Tradeships.

In the Intro of HW2 the narrator say's:: In the first time the second Hyperspace core was found and the great hyperspace lanes where founded, in the intro we see large stations( megaliths ) wich are used for trade , if they the Bentusi created these trading spacelanes who mans the stations ( I'm asuming the Bentusi created these or some lower race build and manned those stations) ...

I'll stop ranting now ( ranting? well sortoff ) I don't mean to attack any one i just see possibilties or a continuation of the homeworld story with the faction/races we love or loved..

I didn't choose any faction as i coudn't choose any race because i  want to see more than one race added but id like to see an attempt taken at the Kadeshi as i have been most connected with that Hidden race..

Cheerio

Edit:: Oh didn't read the Previous posts good enough .. my bad

Passo ola

Back to top Go down

Post by barabas666 Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:38 pm

I agree that the kadeshi would be good to develop now as in my view it offers a less challenging task. Also yes they will bring a fresh and original idea to the game. However..... imho I think that the progenitor race would be an awesome inclusion into the mod. Ive seen what others have done with them and ive gotta say I was a little underwhelmed, this community can do better. But to do that is going to take organisation, and alot of work. If there is anything I can do to help just ask:-)

barabas666

Back to top Go down

Post by Aediren Rowenus Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:15 am

Kadeshi would be the logical choice. The Bentusi are supposed to be extinct as well as the progenitors haven't been seen for millenia. Also adding a completely custom race is going to take a lot of working building the ship models. It all needs to be laid out how their fleet is going to perform to make them a unique play style from the Hiigaran and the Vaygr. Designing the research trees and like I said actually making the ships from scratch is going to take a lot of time from our modeling team. We won't have a third race for a long time but rest assured when it's done it is going to be an awesome feature of Homeworld: Rebirth pirat I'd love to see what this team could do for a custom progenitor playable race as well but I think the problem you'd face there is just that the progenitor "fleet" uses no crew/officers. Also if they were going to be realistic they would have to be very powerful and thus very difficult to balance!
Aediren Rowenus
Aediren Rowenus

Back to top Go down

Post by barabas666 Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:59 pm

forgive me if i am wrong but were the keepers, drones, movers and the gate keeper simply not here to be guards and the 'key' for what was left behind by the progenitors when they left the galaxy? let us not forget that Sajuuk was crewed by no less than an entire motherships crew, which would in turn suggest that the progenitors once crewed her aswell? All i am saying is that there is a possibility for a plausible storyline and reintroduction there. i have read many such storylines in homeworld fanfiction, homeworld wrath of the gods being very good imho.

if im also not mistaken the gate keeper was also manned?

barabas666

Back to top Go down

Post by Aediren Rowenus Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:01 am

barabas666 wrote:forgive me if i am wrong but were the keepers, drones, movers and the gate keeper simply not here to be guards and the 'key' for what was left behind by the progenitors when they left the galaxy? let us not forget that Sajuuk was crewed by no less than an entire motherships crew, which would in turn suggest that the progenitors once crewed her aswell? All i am saying is that there is a possibility for a plausible storyline and reintroduction there. i have read many such storylines in homeworld fanfiction, homeworld wrath of the gods being very good imho.

if im also not mistaken the gate keeper was also manned?
That is all that they left behind that was found anyways. Don't forget they built Sajuuk FOR their baby races to find and use, not for themselves. The Progenitors themselves used advanced robotics to do everything, probably no more than 1 or 2 actual progenitors per "capital" ship. Their capital ships are the only ship types I could see them having that would have any sort of "crew". If they did come back there certainly would not be many of them and for reasons unknown. Who knows the reasons ancient races do the things they do? Perhaps a few lone Progenitors decide to return to their old playground galaxy and check on their little science project. Like kids examining the mold growing in a petri dish xD Perhaps they will decide to finally pass on their secrets to their children? Maybe they just come back every few millenia to "stir up the pot" add a race here take away one from there. Just some ideas I have; I've never read any HW fanfiction but would definitely be up for finding a solid storyline for our new Homeworld: Rebirth. It would be cool to actually have a story arc for our post-HW2 Era universe. Smile
Aediren Rowenus
Aediren Rowenus

Back to top Go down

Post by barabas666 Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:24 am

Found these links for you, excellent stories and viable storyline 2 get into Rebirth. Explains what happened to the progenitor.

http://m.fanfiction.net/s/2655376/1/Homeworld2-Interstellar-Odyssey
http://m.fanfiction.net/s/2336255/1/Homeworld2-Wrath-of-the-Gods.

Wrath of the gods needs to be read 1st.

barabas666

Back to top Go down

Post by assasing123 Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:35 am

fanfiction is not canon, and I still believe taiidani could have their own separate team, or would prefer turanic raiders, but it has been already decided kadeshi it is, tho I don't know who decided it aside from nakamura.
assasing123
assasing123

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:06 am

The team vote gave Kadeshi 66% support.
Nakamura
Nakamura

Back to top Go down

Post by barabas666 Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:04 am

assasing123 wrote:fanfiction is not canon.
Well aware of this my friend and would not suggest otherwise, I was merely implying that if a back story was need it would be available.

barabas666

Back to top Go down

Post by DrysonB Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:15 am

So Progenitors, where there's no confirmation about them being extinct, won't come back, but the beast that has died centuries ago will? Same for the Bentusi, which have gone extinct in the Homeworld 2 campaign. Keepers were the last Progenitors in the current universe. But no-one has confirmed that they're still existent or that they went extinct with the Keepers.

You mentioned....in the current universe....

What about what resides on the other side of the Eye of Aarran? The ancients that have come and gone and built many great things in the current universe must have come through the Eye which means that they just might be more of the ancient races on the other side of the Eye of Aarran that might decide to come through into the current Universe to find out what happened to their scouts.

DrysonB

Back to top Go down

Post by barabas666 Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:36 am

DrysonB wrote:So Progenitors, where there's no confirmation about them being extinct, won't come back, but the beast that has died centuries ago will? Same for the Bentusi, which have gone extinct in the Homeworld 2 campaign. Keepers were the last Progenitors in the current universe. But no-one has confirmed that they're still existent or that they went extinct with the Keepers.

You mentioned....in the current universe....

What about what resides on the other side of the Eye of Aarran? The ancients that have come and gone and built many great things in the current universe must have come through the Eye which means that they just might be more of the ancient races on the other side of the Eye of Aarran that might decide to come through into the current Universe to find out what happened to their scouts.
Couldnt have said it better myself, And because what happened after the Eye was opened hasn't actually happened yet, all events and history there after is open to interpretation. No its not canon because there is no canon yet.

barabas666

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:28 pm

Late reply, but the Eye of Aarran merely was the key to a galactic network of hyperspace gates, nothing more. Just watch the final cut-scene.

Also, the Kadeshi encounters were quick, and the nebula hasn't been explored since the last time the Kushan raced through it.

There is no logical reason for which Kadeshi/Progenitors/Turranic Raiders/Taiidan couldn't be used in a lore-vise acceptable manner. We've simply chosen Kadeshi to start with, that is all.
Nakamura
Nakamura

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum