Homeworld: Rebirth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vanilla Single player campaign with Complex Enchanced ships

4 posters

Go down

Vanilla Single player campaign with Complex Enchanced ships  Empty Vanilla Single player campaign with Complex Enchanced ships

Post by Sithicus Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:52 am

I think I've had a conversation with ALC about this on official Complex forum, but maybe more
luck this time
I remember that it was possible to re-enable SP campaign in Complex, but unfortunately it was pretty
much unplayable as due to changes and negative number in MS speed it started to rotate really fast
and then disappeared from map.
Could you guys have a look whether it could work with CE? Possibly the Honor/Rank and Crew would
have to be ditched to allow it to work, but I'm sure the result would be worth it.
In case it would be impossible to implement, what would be the simplest way to get a couple of
the new ships into SP campaign? I would love to be able to deploy Cruiser or a Battleship and one
more time own Vaygr. Twisted Evil
Sithicus
Sithicus

Back to top Go down

Vanilla Single player campaign with Complex Enchanced ships  Empty Re: Vanilla Single player campaign with Complex Enchanced ships

Post by Nakamura Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:10 am

I'll have a talk with Pouk when development has reached a certain level. He successfully did it in REARM.
Nakamura
Nakamura

http://www.moddb.com/mods/hw2rebirth

Back to top Go down

Vanilla Single player campaign with Complex Enchanced ships  Empty Re: Vanilla Single player campaign with Complex Enchanced ships

Post by Sithicus Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:21 am

Ok, thanks.
Sithicus
Sithicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Farcrada Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:15 am

:O :O :O :O :O :O
Inb4brainstormsensorsstarttingeling.

The Campaign saves the game's status (Aka how much ships, research, build menu, etc.) so that'd mean that honor would work the same. Although... I might be wrong and we need to make separate codes for that.

Epic idea! Keep 'em coming!
Farcrada
Farcrada
Fairy Princess

https://homeworldrebirth.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sithicus Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:34 am

I've got a whole bunch of ideas that could greatly enhance CE Wink
The only issue is if they are technically possible... and if anyone is actually interested in implementing them.
Myself  and quite a few of other folks spent hours and writing dozens if not hundreds of posts trying to get
more done in the original Complex. Some of them actually made it into the mod. Few years ago I've written
over a dozen scenarios for missions that were supposed to go into the new Complex SP campaign - which
never happened.
Lets hope CE team will be more open to new ideas Smile
Sithicus
Sithicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:09 am

Don't get the hopes for this very high, I'd only expect CE ships to make it to the campaign, and nothing else. Maybe some of the tech tree, but definitely not all mechanics.
Nakamura
Nakamura

http://www.moddb.com/mods/hw2rebirth

Back to top Go down

Post by Farcrada Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:40 am

Balint, don't black out options. That'd be a milestone for us then. Let's get to it!
Farcrada
Farcrada
Fairy Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Sithicus Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:45 am

I'd be quite happy with getting couple of the ships and as much research as possible.
Another thing that would have to be slightly altered would be the amount of RUs available in SP campaign.
On my last playthrough (I've decided to give it another go when they've promised HD versions of HW and
HW2) I've played quite conservative game with minimal ship loss and maximum resourcing & scavenging.
I've got to last mission with about 48k RUs. Research and ships are expensive.
It should not be difficult to increase amount of RUs in some asteroids or place some debris pieces to be
captured and then scuttled.
On a side note - would it be possible to add new objectives in SP campaign?
Sithicus
Sithicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Farcrada Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:23 pm

I have a feeling that is indeed possible.
With that we can make new missions on new maps and (possibly) add new mechanics in. I think this would be one of the best things we should consider. May we get to the point we actually have time to work on it.

If you want to start already, be my guest.
Just letting you know that the AI doesn't fully understand CE yet. Nor the original Complex. So that'd create somewhat of a problem.
Farcrada
Farcrada
Fairy Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by ALC Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:40 am

I can't see any technical reasons why sp campaign could not be made to work in CE. Might be a lot of work though.

Adding new objectives should be doable also. Again, it's the workload that might slow it down a bit.

ALC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sithicus Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:44 am

First thing would be a list of ships and technologies that would fit in SP campaign.
Obviously things like Chimera Station, Command Fortress and Battle Arc would have to go.
Quite a bit of tech would have to be removed.
Also some modules would have to be limited to multiplayer/skirmish games.
Sithicus
Sithicus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down