Homeworld: Rebirth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About research and crew system

5 posters

Go down

About research and crew system Empty About research and crew system

Post by PurpleKalamar Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:02 am

Hehehe I think I've got a nice concept here. Dunno if it's feasable.
So instead of the rank requirement, every buildable and unlockable ship would have a chassis research.
Instead of having, for example, 8 officers per rank, put 16. Basically, double it.
Well, my idea is: when a player ranks up, instead of buying additionals officers, that would be awesome if he could chose the amount of scientists and officers he wants: 14 and 2, 8 and 8, 9 and 7, whatever he wants/needs.
So, all research which previously had a rank requirement will have a scientists number requirement.
The player will be able to chose between focusing on high tech or on a bigger amount of ships.
Thoughts?
PurpleKalamar
PurpleKalamar

Back to top Go down

About research and crew system Empty Re: About research and crew system

Post by SpaceKookie Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:11 am

I kinda like the idea of scientists and officers. Us scientists don't wanna be 2nd grade citizens in the interstellar armada :p
Maybe check my crew thread I just posted so we can combine the two?
SpaceKookie
SpaceKookie

http://www.katharinasabel.de

Back to top Go down

Post by PurpleKalamar Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:22 am

Just read yours. Nice ideas, especially the realistic part. But it risk to make the game severely hard to re-balance, no?
I don't really agree with removing crew stations. However, adding smaller stations which would increase a pop regen is also a good concept, it adds some interesting gameplay feature.
PurpleKalamar
PurpleKalamar

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:32 am

Creating scientists as third crew element would be a bit extreme before rebirth. I'd have to write many thousand lines of code... It could be done for Rebirth, but it needs a very well worked out concept.
Nakamura
Nakamura

http://www.moddb.com/mods/hw2rebirth

Back to top Go down

Post by ALC Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:46 pm

Surely the smart scientists are those who stay at home...
...course there was always Mr. Spock, the original ship's scientist.

ALC

Back to top Go down

Post by gallusq Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:51 pm

I am new over here and hope this is the right place for this. Why do the Higs have to deal with the 2 vulnerable and slow moving ships in the first place? (Research and Crew). Can't these be combined into a faster, better protected vessel or station? I always thought using the Chimira Station and upgrading it for the role would be a great idea, but maybe a shuttle model or something would work. Seems illogical that they'd have such valuable assets in such vulnerable ships, not to mention the cost drain on the fleet.
I played must first game and was impressed how fast it was compared to Complex. I got killed, I just could not get anything up fast enough to counter the Missile Cruisers, they tore through my fleet like butter. In Complex I used Fast Track Platforms but I did not see them in this Mod.
Thank you for all the hard work you all do.
GQ

gallusq

Back to top Go down

Post by ALC Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:18 pm

Welcome to the forum.

gallusq wrote:Why do the Higs have to deal with the 2 vulnerable and slow moving ships in the first place? (Research and Crew).GQ
This is one of the elements which were controversial in Complex when they were introduce. I think that the intention was to civilianise the Hiigarans to some degree, and to make them more vulnerable in later game scenarios.

ALC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down