Homeworld: Rebirth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gamerule code overhaul • • •••• •••• IGBC: In Testing (1)

3 posters

Go down

Gamerule code overhaul • • •••• •••• IGBC: In Testing (1) Empty Gamerule code overhaul • • •••• •••• IGBC: In Testing (1)

Post by IGBC Fri May 10, 2013 1:40 am

I'm posting this mostly as a suggestion, however I have cleared this with Nakamura.

About a year ago sagyxil  suggested a major game rule scripting overhaul to make it easier to add and remove ships and features. This never got done. I am now offering to attempt it. Doing this now will make it easier to balance the game later.

Do people think this is a worthwhile endeavour?

Update: 90% of planning done; code started
Uddate: 1/3 done; Planning UI
Update: Code is now 90% done, however there are alot of things to test, and probably alot of bugs to find. We're just staring Testing Phase 1. Nearly all of the features have their code structure planned now.

Last edited by IGBC on Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:28 pm; edited 4 times in total
IGBC
IGBC

Back to top Go down

Gamerule code overhaul • • •••• •••• IGBC: In Testing (1) Empty Re: Gamerule code overhaul • • •••• •••• IGBC: In Testing (1)

Post by Nakamura Fri May 10, 2013 2:51 am

Definitely worth it!

The task is to be delayed until :

•Modular destroyer is added with all features

•We decide about the power system

Task parameters :

•This task will halt production on everything related to Complex's mechanics. No edits on crew, ranks and all that. Ship stats, descriptions, research and build menu parameters can be EDITED during this task is in progress, but none can be CREATED.

•The vaygr crew recruiting is not present. Can you make the available crew rise automatically/the crew of dying ships ACTUALLY DIE and subtract that from the available crew?

•Power (will update this part)

•Remove trade and diplomacy fee

A long phase of testing would be what we'd do during your work on this task.
Nakamura
Nakamura

http://www.moddb.com/mods/hw2rebirth

Back to top Go down

Gamerule code overhaul • • •••• •••• IGBC: In Testing (1) Empty Re: Gamerule code overhaul • • •••• •••• IGBC: In Testing (1)

Post by IGBC Fri May 10, 2013 3:30 am

The grammar correction program can continue unaffected by my work.

Power would be a pain in thee arse to the extent that my vote is to eradicate it completely.

Crew would be determined by numb of allowed crew - the crew used by each ship.

When a ship leaves play its crew will be relinquished.

can we also remove crew pods (they seem unnecessary)
IGBC
IGBC

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura Fri May 10, 2013 4:04 am

I agree on power.

Recruiting is a restrictive system that demands good macro management.
I'm saying that nor recruiting NOR crew losses are present in the vaygr crew system currently, and we need that fixed.

Crew pods are the very reason crew stations make actual sense. How would my recruited crew get from the crew station to a shipyard otherwise?

They are very necessary, as without them the Hiigarans could just be aggressive as they please. This way they are forced to defend this infrastructure early. If the Hiigaran early game could fully keep up with the Vaygr one, the mid-end game transition would be a 90% chance win for Hiigarans. I definitely am fully against their removal. Bugs caused by them are fixed as well (thanks to earlier releases of the original mod)

Vaygr on the other hand train their crew on production capable capital ships - the count of those is what their recruitment speed should be based on.
Nakamura
Nakamura

http://www.moddb.com/mods/hw2rebirth

Back to top Go down

Post by ALC Fri May 10, 2013 5:43 am

This is a very worthwhile task.

I also agree on Power. It takes the entire game in a direction away from the core idea of homeworld 2, which (imho) is combat.

ALC

Back to top Go down

Post by IGBC Tue May 14, 2013 5:48 am

please note I've opened a discussion thread for this in the team talk sections, where we can talk logistics. For now I'd like to keep this tread for progress updates
IGBC
IGBC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down