Homeworld: Rebirth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ark removal •••••(complete) Nakamura

+4
IGBC
Nakamura
Walkop
Farcrada
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ark removal •••••(complete) Nakamura Empty Ark removal •••••(complete) Nakamura

Post by Farcrada Wed May 15, 2013 2:32 pm

Drastically increase docking speeds to give the ark a purpose. -Nakamura

Last edited by Farcrada on Thu May 16, 2013 2:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Farcrada
Farcrada
Fairy Princess

https://homeworldrebirth.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Ark removal •••••(complete) Nakamura Empty Re: Ark removal •••••(complete) Nakamura

Post by Walkop Wed May 15, 2013 2:55 pm

NO.

I can speed up docking for all capital class ships, make the ark super-useful for hiding a fleet efficiently. :-) Give me a chance, I'd rather fix it than completely remove it.
Walkop
Walkop

Back to top Go down

Ark removal •••••(complete) Nakamura Empty Re: Ark removal •••••(complete) Nakamura

Post by Nakamura Thu May 16, 2013 1:58 am

I guess you could use it on a huge map for 6 players. Especially the super capital class docks very slowly because of that bay door having to open.
Let's try this then.
Nakamura
Nakamura

http://www.moddb.com/mods/hw2rebirth

Back to top Go down

Post by Farcrada Thu May 16, 2013 2:43 am

Walkop wrote:Give me a chance, I'd rather fix it than completely remove it.
Ok, but how are you going to fix the lag-fest coming form the damned ship?
Farcrada
Farcrada
Fairy Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura Thu May 16, 2013 2:54 am

Shouldn't be a problem until there are 3 or more.
Nakamura
Nakamura

Back to top Go down

Post by Farcrada Thu May 16, 2013 2:57 am

Exactly...
Farcrada
Farcrada
Fairy Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by IGBC Thu May 16, 2013 3:51 am

Add LOSs, remove turrets
IGBC
IGBC

Back to top Go down

Post by bladevalant546 Thu May 16, 2013 3:55 am

I think to make this process easier, we should ask what WOULD the arks purpose even be. To me it seems to be a bullet sponge and for a ship purpose that is rather pointless. I feel the Ark as it stands is a redundant ship. While it is cool as a ship itself, it purpose overlaps other ships already with in the fleet.

Sorry for a late suggestion, but my idea for the Ark would be to overhaul its design at its core. My vision for it, would be to shrink it and turn it into the ultimate anti fighter/corvette and missile defense platform. Also, instead of the docking function (which seems to lag as the computer has to reload all those ships) turn it into a hyperspace "gate" or something to this effect. Basically what the Ark turns into is late game powerful staging/beachhead ship. It becomes a good bullet sponge and effective asset against Vaygr aggression and perfect for Higgie capital ship compliment.

bladevalant546

Back to top Go down

Post by assasing123 Thu May 16, 2013 10:44 am

why not remove it and later repurpose it as a ship for a third race, either way the style dosnt looks very hiigaran and complex got way too many ships with overlapping roles.
assasing123
assasing123

Back to top Go down

Post by Farcrada Fri May 17, 2013 10:41 am

Assasing123 wrote:why not remove it and later repurpose it as a ship for a third race, either way the style dosnt looks very hiigaran
I agree with you on that one.

Assasing123 wrote:complex got way too many ships with overlapping roles.
I disagree with this one. However, I can see why you came to that conclusion. But all the ships have a role. And if you have read the change logs, you can see that most of the ships will be better balanced and will that way be more effective in what they do. Also, I can't seem to think of ships that have overlapping roles. If you mean something (Just an simple example.) like a Sweeper DD compared to a Flak Frigate, you're totally wrong. It's all rank dependent. Plus, you need research for them.
Farcrada
Farcrada
Fairy Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by ALC Fri May 17, 2013 2:44 pm

and to add to Farcrada's point on ships with overlapping roles, I would argue that the Sweeper DDs essentially replaces the Flak FF as rank grows. some ships become obsolete as research progresses.

ALC

Back to top Go down

Post by assasing123 Sat May 18, 2013 5:34 pm

fair enough, tho I have always held the belief no ship should obsolete other ship... tiers are not fun... if someone likes to play with just frigates he will find himself hindered due to capitals eating frigates as morning cereal.

and yeah you guys have changed and removed a lot of redundant stuff, so the game do feels way better Smile
assasing123
assasing123

Back to top Go down

Post by ALC Sun May 19, 2013 12:51 am

assasing123 wrote:if someone likes to play with just frigates he will find himself hindered due to capitals eating frigates as morning cereal.
I would argue that this kind of gameplay be achieved through the initial settings, whereby the construction of large capital ships isn't possible. Thus, there could be scenarios with just carriers, frigates and smaller craft for example.

ALC

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura Sun May 19, 2013 3:42 am

Woah. There is absolutely no overlapping OR any out-dating by other ships at all.
If I have upgraded my frigates to level 2 already, I obviously will not bother with switching tech and starting anew with stock capital ships. Instead I would get even more frigates and a better economy in the background, and somehow achieve tier 3 pre-reqs as Hiigaran, while as vaygr I'd just go tier 3 frigates.
Having highly upgraded ships in one class beats the hell out of spreading out your tech, thanks to ships with similar purposes.
Nakamura
Nakamura

Back to top Go down

Post by Farcrada Sun May 19, 2013 4:30 am

Notice how Nakamura doesn't say "overlapping" but "similar".
See how that's a total difference?

Besides that, once you get your first DD out, you'll either have WAY too much resources to spend and in that mean time you could've got like 5 frigates out which are WAY more effective.

But, I agree. Once you're pinned and you overrun constantly, it's better to get a ship out which can tank more (DDs) than little flies (FFs).
Farcrada
Farcrada
Fairy Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by bladevalant546 Mon May 20, 2013 3:59 am

I agree I feel there are no true overlapping role's in ships. @assasing123, I think what the others are stating, is that there is more to roles than mere hardware. There are economic trade offs to certian ships, as Farcrada stated 5 frigates are more effective economically in their trade off than a single DD. I still think we need to decide what role do you all want the ARK to perform. I think giving it a more "beachhead" support role would suit it fine. Making its bullet sponge trait actual tie into the gameplay.

bladevalant546

Back to top Go down

Post by assasing123 Mon May 27, 2013 11:55 am

Been thinking, the ark got this really huge model that looks pretty nice, and it looks like it could manufacture or alike, also its design its sorta similar to the vaygr shipyard and mothership... what about making it a vaygr ship that is similar in role to a war shipyard ? or alternatively a Tier 2 mothership, when you want you build the ark and the mothership stops working or gets superseded by this new mothership with much more firepower and more modules ?
assasing123
assasing123

Back to top Go down

Post by IGBC Mon May 27, 2013 8:41 pm

interesting, but not very Homeworld-y
IGBC
IGBC

Back to top Go down

Post by Farcrada Tue May 28, 2013 5:44 am

Cool idea, but I think we need a different model for the Ark if we do that. It doesn't look/isn't very Homeworld-like, like IgotBC'ed said.
Farcrada
Farcrada
Fairy Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by ALC Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:27 pm

Is this a functioning Task?
(I've given it a number btw).

ALC

Back to top Go down

Post by Farcrada Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:22 pm

There's a name on it. So, yes. I guess so. Might want to contact Walkop about progress or status.
Farcrada
Farcrada
Fairy Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:45 am

Might want to get rid of the ugly orange clamps, by the way.
Nakamura
Nakamura

Back to top Go down

Post by IGBC Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:49 am

any eta's on this? will it be done for 8.6.0 ?
IGBC
IGBC

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:45 am

IGBC wrote:any eta's on this? will it be done for 8.6.0 ?
Nakamura
Nakamura

Back to top Go down

Post by IGBC Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:54 pm

Walkop can we have a progress update and ETA please.
IGBC
IGBC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next