Homeworld: Rebirth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Fleet Carrier for Hiigarans •• PurpleKalamar, Odie

+6
Niarro
Walkop
ALC
IGBC
Odie_76
Nakamura
10 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

New Fleet Carrier for Hiigarans •• PurpleKalamar, Odie - Page 2 Empty Re: New Fleet Carrier for Hiigarans •• PurpleKalamar, Odie

Post by Nakamura Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:13 pm

Carriers play a great part in strike craft based strategies. They can reinforce and repair your fleet as well as enhance them through modules, or even cloak them. Having carriers also makes scouting semi-impossible, because you can have your entire fleet docked, and no one will know what exact ships you have. The ship class you focus on is easily figured out, though.

We will need a lot of testing games to determine what changes the carriers need, or if they need any at all.
Nakamura
Nakamura

http://www.moddb.com/mods/hw2rebirth

Back to top Go down

New Fleet Carrier for Hiigarans •• PurpleKalamar, Odie - Page 2 Empty Re: New Fleet Carrier for Hiigarans •• PurpleKalamar, Odie

Post by Niarro Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:06 am

Presently I really wouldn't want to put my carrier forward, though. The buildable one-shot missiles usually destroy them, or chase them back to my flagship. They ARE nice for the production, but I find m'self relying on hyperspace gates more.

Niarro

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:15 am

You can target the build-able missiles with your ships.
Nakamura
Nakamura

Back to top Go down

Post by Niarro Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:55 am

so far I haven't found corvettes that do enough damage to stop them, or keep up with them. Shall continue trying though. Fighters do work, if I recall. Not sure if I'd be able to build enough to stop them, though, and still maintain enough numbers to stay offensive with corvettes. But obviously the carrier can't defend itself. Guess I'll have to experiment more! X3

Niarro

Back to top Go down

Post by ALC Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:41 am

Do you have a model for the carrier, or are you using one of the existing ones?

Increasing the armour of the carrier will fix the issue of vulnerability to missiles.

I think docking speed can be effectively adjusted in the .ship file also.

ALC

Back to top Go down

Post by Niarro Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:16 am

Would it be possible to have a carrier that docks / launches two squads at once, like the scavenger? :3

Niarro

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:59 am

Corvettes are good enough against the special missiles as long as you get the accuracy upgrades.
We still don't have a fleet carrier. Perhaps in 8.7, it depends on Odie.

As for a double launch bay for the fleet carrier... I'd say sure. I really support the idea.
Nakamura
Nakamura

Back to top Go down

Post by Aediren Rowenus Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:31 am

Nakamura wrote:Corvettes are good enough against the special missiles as long as you get the accuracy upgrades.
We still don't have a fleet carrier. Perhaps in 8.7, it depends on Odie.

As for a double launch bay for the fleet carrier... I'd say sure. I really support the idea.
That's an excellent idea that I fully endorse. Also If Odie or other devs here would be willing to show me a bit more about HW2 modding then I would be happy to help with this and other jobs. I have the whole transitioning .HOD into .OBJ and importing into 3Dwings deal down. Next though I need to figure out texturing and I just got GIMP 2.8.6 for that. I'd really love to help out with these jobs. Just getting started in modding though so I am taking one step at a time. Any help or encouragement would be appreciated! Smile
Aediren Rowenus
Aediren Rowenus

Back to top Go down

Post by ALC Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:16 pm

Afaik the Homeworld 2 engine doesn't support the idea of a carrier with two launch bays — possibly it could be done by having two models 'glued' together.

ALC

Back to top Go down

Post by ALC Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:30 am

@Odie
Is this Job progressing or has it halted for the moment?

ALC

Back to top Go down

Post by Odie_76 Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:24 am

I have some ideas on what could be done, but there hasn't been a push for it yet.  And, with the creation of new creative group, I was hoping to discuss this there.  Define the role that everyone agrees on and then put together a model that fits the role and follows the Hiigaran design standards.
Odie_76
Odie_76

Back to top Go down

Post by ALC Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:47 pm

ALC

Back to top Go down

Post by Odie_76 Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:07 am

My current thoughts on this are to take the old battle carrier, redesign the frigate and capital production facilities to cover the bays and make them appear as fighter storage areas and add a fighter launch bay on the front, similar to the standard carrier. And, of course remove the resource dropoff. The model has three subsystems (more could be added) and two heavy weapon hardpoints.
Odie_76
Odie_76

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:05 pm

That sounds great. Can you give it integrated torpedo silos such as on the cruiser?
Nakamura
Nakamura

Back to top Go down

Post by Odie_76 Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:26 pm

Nakamura wrote:That sounds great. Can you give it integrated torpedo silos such as on the cruiser?
That might make a decent replacement for the ru drop-off. It would be on the underside though...
Odie_76
Odie_76

Back to top Go down

Post by Farcrada Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:48 pm

Doesn't really matter, does it? xD
Farcrada
Farcrada
Fairy Princess

https://homeworldrebirth.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:15 pm

Yep, absolutely no problem.
Nakamura
Nakamura

Back to top Go down

Post by ALC Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:50 am

Sounds good.
It needs extra hardpoints, six for subsystems, plus one or two for sensors, plus two extra weapons points.
Agree, it doesn't really matter where the torpedo launchers are, as they will launch and then veer towards the target — should be a good effect.

ALC

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:02 am

It would be excellent to have the Fleet Carrier and the new Cruisers be the main features of C.E.8.8
Nakamura
Nakamura

Back to top Go down

Post by ALC Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:57 am

I would see it as an expensive ship, similar cost to a BB.

ALC

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:41 pm

Yeah, I'd say 6k RUs, since you need a ton of modules on top. (BB is 10k, it's a bit much)
Nakamura
Nakamura

Back to top Go down

Post by ALC Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:35 am

Nakamura wrote:Yeah, I'd say 6k RUs, since you need a ton of modules on top.
You're right there — the addition cost of the modules would bump up the price appropriately.

ALC

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:47 am

Use this thread for fleet carrier work, please.
Nakamura
Nakamura

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:30 pm

Any chance on getting the new ships textured?
Do we need further recruitment into the team perhaps?
Nakamura
Nakamura

Back to top Go down

Post by Odie_76 Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:21 pm

Nakamura wrote:Any chance on getting the new ships textured?
Do we need further recruitment into the team perhaps?
Texturing help would be appreciated. I have made some minor changes to Purple's original ship, but I am having a hard time with the UV mapping and haven't even had a chance to look at textures.
Odie_76
Odie_76

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next