Homeworld: Rebirth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Difference between this mod and the regular Homeworld Complex

+3
ALC
Nakamura
Biohazard
7 posters

Go down

Difference between this mod and the regular Homeworld Complex Empty Difference between this mod and the regular Homeworld Complex

Post by Biohazard Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:03 am

I have been playing normal complex 8.4.3 (not the enhanced) and enjoying it. Came across this mod and it seems like its more active and trying to fix the problems with the other mod.

Mainly my question is has the original complex mod team died out and you guys have taken over? Or are they both still being developed. I tried searching around and couldn't find and answer.

Biohazard

Back to top Go down

Difference between this mod and the regular Homeworld Complex Empty Re: Difference between this mod and the regular Homeworld Complex

Post by Nakamura Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:31 am

We're the original complex team's majority, yes. 
The differences are easy to see here : https://homeworldrebirth.forumotion.com/t5-complex-enhanced-change-log-v-861-read-only  (scroll down to see the old changes)
While both mods are being developed, our quality control is way more thorough.
Nakamura
Nakamura

http://www.moddb.com/mods/hw2rebirth

Back to top Go down

Difference between this mod and the regular Homeworld Complex Empty Re: Difference between this mod and the regular Homeworld Complex

Post by Biohazard Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:46 am

so short answer, this is the mod i want

Biohazard

Back to top Go down

Post by ALC Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:59 am

Glad you found it Smile
Do be sure to give us feedback on your experience of playing it.

ALC

Back to top Go down

Post by Biohazard Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:06 am

is there any way to get all the badges from the old complex into the new version?

Biohazard

Back to top Go down

Post by PurpleKalamar Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:14 am

If they are availables online (maybe on the Complex forum) just put them in your Player/Bagde folder. But I am wondering if they have been uploaded apart from the mod.
PurpleKalamar
PurpleKalamar

Back to top Go down

Post by Niarro Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:00 pm

Biohazard wrote:so short answer, this is the mod i want
Yes. Yes it is. XD

Niarro

Back to top Go down

Post by Biohazard Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:15 pm

i looked and most of the folders are all empty including the badge ones

Biohazard

Back to top Go down

Post by PurpleKalamar Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:59 pm

http://image.online-convert.com/convert-to-tga
Here is a website to convert any image from [insert format] to .tga. Just set the size to 64x64 and DPI to 32.
I often use it when I saw a good emblem on internet that could be great on a HW ship's hull Smile
PurpleKalamar
PurpleKalamar

Back to top Go down

Post by Farcrada Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:41 am

Also add "-overridebigfile" to the end of your shortcut. And place your TGA in this directory (If you do not have it, then make it yourself.): "Data\badges" (If I'm correct.).
Farcrada
Farcrada
Fairy Princess

https://homeworldrebirth.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:46 am

You can just add it to your profile to keep them forever in all mods.
Nakamura
Nakamura

http://www.moddb.com/mods/hw2rebirth

Back to top Go down

Post by Farcrada Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:32 am

Biohazard wrote:so short answer, this is the mod i want
Only experience will tell you.
Farcrada
Farcrada
Fairy Princess

https://homeworldrebirth.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Biohazard Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:38 am

is there any way to extract the badges from the vanilla complex mod? there were a bunch of good ones in there and I can't seem to locate where they are stored.

And thanks for the TGA converter and specs so i can add my own. Salamanders in homeworld here i come Smile

Biohazard

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravendark Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:46 am

i used .big extractor. i googled homeworld modding tools and found it there, pack of tools for hw1 and 2. althou lot of the old. but im sure it will help you
Ravendark
Ravendark

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down