Homeworld: Rebirth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New HGN Command fort. ••••• (complete) Assasing

+3
PurpleKalamar
Farcrada
Nakamura
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New HGN Command fort. ••••• (complete) Assasing Empty New HGN Command fort. ••••• (complete) Assasing

Post by Nakamura Sun May 19, 2013 9:22 am

As we all know, the Hiigaran CF is a vaygr ship. Stolen. This isn't good or proper at all.

We already have a platform that could act as the Hiigaran CF - the Weapon station.

Right now it's very small though. If it's size would be increased, and if it was assigned the equal number of hardpoints the current CF has, we could replace it.

Everything would be the same really about the new CF, minus the model.

We'd need this to be ready by the end of this summer in order to get rid of all the improper designs by then.

Last edited by Nakamura on Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:12 am; edited 5 times in total
Nakamura
Nakamura

http://www.moddb.com/mods/hw2rebirth

Back to top Go down

New HGN Command fort. ••••• (complete) Assasing Empty Re: New HGN Command fort. ••••• (complete) Assasing

Post by Farcrada Thu May 23, 2013 8:45 am

Would be nice to see some more 3D artists here, xD... I certainly have a lot to learn before I can do anything as much as this...
Farcrada
Farcrada
Fairy Princess

https://homeworldrebirth.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

New HGN Command fort. ••••• (complete) Assasing Empty Re: New HGN Command fort. ••••• (complete) Assasing

Post by PurpleKalamar Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:42 am

I could try to make an hiigaran fortress model. However, and i apologize for that, it won't be textured, i won't have enough time and i'm really bad at texturing (but i'll train).
PurpleKalamar
PurpleKalamar

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:35 am

Great! If you want to make it simple, you can use the model of the weapon station, which we could replace the command fort.

Of course if you have a better vision, go for it.
Nakamura
Nakamura

Back to top Go down

Post by ALC Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:23 am

I think we ought to use the Weapon Stn model, at least initially.
This brings up the issue of the availability of textures — do we had anyone onboard who can do texturing?

ALC

Back to top Go down

Post by PurpleKalamar Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:25 pm

I will take the weapon station for model, but i will make it taller, i think it's too flat (it needs a command cabin pr someting like that) and not enough smooth for a station.

PurpleKalamar
PurpleKalamar

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:45 pm

Sounds nice, good luck!
Nakamura
Nakamura

Back to top Go down

Post by assasing123 Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:25 am

just as purple I can model something if needed but I m not good at texturing, now related to this topic, I have a slightly fixed version of the vaygr command fortress, with the weapons range fixed so it can actually fire at stuff. will upload for testing here sometime today or tomorrow.
assasing123
assasing123

Back to top Go down

Post by assasing123 Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:55 am

guys why are we being so slow... why not just use the complex orbital station as the new hiigaran battle fortress?
assasing123
assasing123

Back to top Go down

Post by PurpleKalamar Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:04 am

Yes that could be a solution... I can't provide a lot of work at the moment, my studies take me a huge amount of time. :/
PurpleKalamar
PurpleKalamar

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:53 am

The orbital station is not of Hiigaran design.
It`s from Starship Troopers Rolling Eyes 
Nakamura
Nakamura

Back to top Go down

Post by PurpleKalamar Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:01 am

In that case... We'll need to find/make something else.
PurpleKalamar
PurpleKalamar

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:18 am

I see nothing wrong with scaling up the weapon station.
Nakamura
Nakamura

Back to top Go down

Post by assasing123 Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:39 am

Scaling up a model its pretty easy O,o if that is all that is needed I could tackle that job, and do the base weapons and stuff, I just don't know how to set up the nuke launchers and mine launchers.

but just to be clear, would this mean the weapon station becomes the hiigaran fortress? or it will stay as weapon station too?
assasing123
assasing123

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:04 pm

The nuke launchers are simple weapons, just like anything.
The station becomes the fortress. The small version being removed.

Scale it up please.
Nakamura
Nakamura

Back to top Go down

Post by assasing123 Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:10 pm

gotcha, already scaled it up, and doubled the amount of hard points, still learning how sets work, it confuses me, and I think it still needs more hardpoints, probably will double in amount so you can equip it with 4 weapon sets of 8 turrets each.
Artillery Set
Rapid sweeper Set
Emp Set
Ion Cannon Set
Nuke Launchers, still deciding stuff, once I m done I will upload it for whoever wants to modify it, be more weapons, nukes or whatever, personally I m no friend of those nukes anywhere but that's just my personal taste.

will probably reduce the speed a bit, as it is right now on my personal file, it currently feels like a super sized artillery station.
assasing123
assasing123

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:23 am

Just use the already created sets. All you have to do is name the hardpoints accordingly.
Nakamura
Nakamura

Back to top Go down

Post by assasing123 Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:28 pm

the already created sets, don't work as I expected. well they do.

But if I try to make them buildable, only one of 8 turrets gets build, I have uploaded to the dropbox my current supersized weapon station, it has 3 times more hardpoints, yet it feels totally underpowered despite having the weapons built in from the start.

it already has working force fields, and I think the ping too.

I m thinking the best would be to tune the weapons it has fitted so it feels more... dangerous and becomes more dangerous, but first I must make sure those subsystems are not shared by anything else.

Nakamura think you could fix the sets for it? the hardest part, hodding and joints are already done.

I just don't quite grasp what I m doing wrong whenever I try to make it use sets.

After I get some sleep I will probably add another 8 hardpoints at the tips of the structure, but I m falling asleep already.
assasing123
assasing123

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:59 pm

Make sure to use the hard point names that the command fortress uses for each weapon. Only then will the weapon sets work.
Nakamura
Nakamura

Back to top Go down

Post by assasing123 Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:01 am

weapon 1 weapon 2 weapon 3 weapon 4? the hard points don't seem to follow any naming convention but will try that once I get home today...

assasing123
assasing123

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:54 am

I don`t know, but I`ll give you examples later on skype.
Nakamura
Nakamura

Back to top Go down

Post by Odie_76 Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:01 am

This should be more than just scaling the weapon station and weapons up by a factor (it looks like 4x). I don't want to see an ion cannon turret the size of a battle cruiser...
The model should be tweaked to re-arrange the weapon hardpoints, and keep them the same size as the standard BC weapon hardpoint. And the docking bays should be adjusted and scaled down, unless this is intended to have two docking bays large enough for a BC...The engines could be adjusted as well, or removed if it is not intended to move.
Odie_76
Odie_76

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:15 am

The new hardpoints will enable new weapons to be placed... I don`t see why the guns would be scaled up?

Engines might as well stay, it`s fine if it can move at a snail`s speed. One gigantic docking bay is fine also. We should consider replacing the other big one with multiple small ones.
Nakamura
Nakamura

Back to top Go down

Post by assasing123 Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:19 am

Odie just the base model has been scaled up, turrets stay the same size, and I have already tripled the amount of hard points, will add another 8 hard points later today, got the coordinates already.

that will mean it got
8 rapid fire hard points, 4 top 4 bottom.
8 torpedo hard points, 4 top 4 bottom
8 Artillery hard points, 4 top 4 bottom (this ones come fitted from stock)
2 super heavy ion cannon, 1 top 1 bottom
2 subsystem hardpoints I added for the defence and communication towers.

and the next 8 hard points will go at edges of the platform.
you know how boring is it to add hard points to a model that is not centered geometrically!?

The Engines... I would have to edit more the model to remove them, but I think they can stay... currently it moves at about 10ms... so is not like its going anywhere... is more like a DS9 positioning thrusters.

docking bays... that decision is up to nakamura.
assasing123
assasing123

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:37 am

I`d like everything to be dock-able. Minus the large production capitals.
Gonna need 8 heavy ions if you want people to actually use this.
Nakamura
Nakamura

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next