Homeworld: Rebirth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New HGN Command fort. ••••• (complete) Assasing

+3
PurpleKalamar
Farcrada
Nakamura
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New HGN Command fort. ••••• (complete) Assasing - Page 2 Empty Re: New HGN Command fort. ••••• (complete) Assasing

Post by Aediren Rowenus Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:04 am

I just checked it out, it fires ok, but the modules are messed up. The actual Command Fortress has a mess up in the communications array module placement as well. I think it could be worked out to still be a good idea but it needs some design changes to differentiate it from the weapon station. I also agree with Odie that the engine needs to be scaled down or removed and the docking bays fixed, I noticed these texture bugs on it, too. Just making observations and I like all the details of the ships to look the way they are supposed to. When I'm looking at this CF (the old one) and I see the module hanging out disconnected from the its other part it just looks bad. This is my first time noticing it but now that I do I wish I knew how to fix it myself but I wouldn't know where to start scratch. Right now I just wish that evac cells would work honestly.

What I noticed:
New HGN Command fort. ••••• (complete) Assasing - Page 2 Ss005010
Module is way too big, can also see underneath it.
New HGN Command fort. ••••• (complete) Assasing - Page 2 Ss005011
Texture bug in docking bay, similiar one for topside docking bay.
New HGN Command fort. ••••• (complete) Assasing - Page 2 Ss005012
Communications array module angle 1
New HGN Command fort. ••••• (complete) Assasing - Page 2 Ss005013
Communications array module angle 2
New HGN Command fort. ••••• (complete) Assasing - Page 2 Ss005014
Other CF Communications array module misplacement.
Aediren Rowenus
Aediren Rowenus

Back to top Go down

New HGN Command fort. ••••• (complete) Assasing - Page 2 Empty Re: New HGN Command fort. ••••• (complete) Assasing

Post by assasing123 Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:19 am

I see, I will scale down the defence subsystem and move it further down in the Y axis to fix the size issue, the communication array, needs to be rotated 180 degrees it seems.

however you mention something about differentiating from the weapon station? the weapon station is being removed as it is... basically it will renamed fortress. no need to differentiate when there is only 1.

8 ions... well that I can fix... just gotta think where to place them, but in that case.... what weapon should I place in the top and bottom hardpoints?

assasing123
assasing123

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:14 am

Nuke launchers.
Nakamura
Nakamura

http://www.moddb.com/mods/hw2rebirth

Back to top Go down

Post by Aediren Rowenus Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:48 am

assasing123 wrote:I see, I will scale down the defence subsystem and move it further down in the Y axis to fix the size issue, the communication array, needs to be rotated 180 degrees it seems.

however you mention something about differentiating from the weapon station? the weapon station is being removed as it is... basically it will renamed fortress. no need to differentiate when there is only 1.

8 ions... well that I can fix... just gotta think where to place them, but in that case.... what weapon should I place in the top and bottom hardpoints?

Ah, see, I didn't know that the weapon station was being removed. That's kinda lame IMO just because I liked the weapon station its always the first ship you can get out with heavy ions, and I'm sure this new CF will be harder to get than a Battleship. Oh well I guess that just frees up more resources for other ships earlier on, we'll see how this effects balance as it goes. As it is currently I can get Engineering division by cycle 6 and have the first Battleship by cycle 16 depending on how well I've done with my resourcing... I like the new "no research points" system, it makes the cycles seem more realistic. If it takes about fifteen or sixteen "years" to get out that first Battleship, instead of like 25 as it was before, it makes more sense.
Aediren Rowenus
Aediren Rowenus

Back to top Go down

Post by assasing123 Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:44 pm

Nakamura wrote:Nuke launchers.
you and your damned nuke launchers... all right all right... ill put the nuke launchers there... just give me 1 or 2 days, because today my oldest cat had to undergo a big surgery and I m quite busy taking care of her now.
assasing123
assasing123

Back to top Go down

Post by assasing123 Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:12 am

this thing has been updated, the nuke launchers are in place, gotta edit the build file to allow it to build the ammo.

all the hardpoints are done, for now it comes prearmed, I know how to make things buildable, but with sets specifically it just builds 1 turret and the other do not appear.

by the way for sake of my OCD it had to be evenly armed.. so it has 8 ion cannon turrets... I fixed 2 of the issues aediren mentioned about subsystems, gotta tweak a bit more still...

the only thing is the missie launchers, 3d wise I don't know where else to fit turrets to the model O,o so I made the missile launchers the build in weapon from stock, they fire really cool from tubes in the edges of the platform...

please try it and tell me balance wise what else I have to fix before I tackle the building sets and nuke missiles.
assasing123
assasing123

Back to top Go down

Post by Aediren Rowenus Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:13 am

I tried it out again yesterday. It's got a lot of power thats for sure. It needs to be built from the Shipyard though and not the Mothership I do believe. Those missile launchers launch out from the edges really fast then disappear at the end of it's defense field, so not really sure how well those are going to work. All the other weapons seem to work fine though! I see what you mean by needs more tweaking, you can still see part of the defense module inside the docking bay. The communications array is fixed though, so that's good. So what you're saying is you don't understand how to make it build the full sets, so that's why it's pre-armed? Interesting, I'm not sure either but I'm sure someone will know. It is really damn strong though, especially if you can get those Heavy Nukes to hit. Well it's slowly coming together, I'd like to see those engines scaled down though, right now it kind of looks like a mini-Mothership. O.o
Aediren Rowenus
Aediren Rowenus

Back to top Go down

Post by assasing123 Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:52 pm

are the nukes on it working for you?
assasing123
assasing123

Back to top Go down

Post by Aediren Rowenus Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:11 am

Yes, you just hit Z, target, and fire. They do a ton of damage, that's to be expected, considering the nuke itself is pretty fragile. I still feel like capital ships over-all just need more armor to increase battle duration, though. Especially with just how much damage these heavy weapons do!
Aediren Rowenus
Aediren Rowenus

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:24 am

The damage upgrade nerf will affect nukes too, lets see what that does... in a few weeks.
Nakamura
Nakamura

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:02 am

Removed the old command fort and made the sets buildable. Will fix the script for the entire sets to be created instead of just the initiating weapon.
Nakamura
Nakamura

Back to top Go down

Post by assasing123 Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:02 am

yey it worked! thanks boss... those sets are a pain honestly -.- I m glad my upscaled version works
assasing123
assasing123

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:22 am

Please get rid of duplicate hardpoint names, the scripts won`t work like this. There are two of "weapon front 2" etc.
Nakamura
Nakamura

Back to top Go down

Post by assasing123 Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:41 am

Nakamura wrote:Please get rid of duplicate hardpoint names, the scripts won`t work like this. There are two of "weapon front 2" etc.
roger, will rename all the weapon hardpoints to weapon 1 2 3 4 etc, in groups of 8 each.

sets working now as intended, most stuff is fixed and working, its already usable in multiplayer ok :3
assasing123
assasing123

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:29 am

Can I have a list of remaining things that need to be done here?
Nakamura
Nakamura

Back to top Go down

Post by assasing123 Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:30 am

just gotta fix the hod for one of the subsystems, currently looks wrong.
assasing123
assasing123

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2