Homeworld: Rebirth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arming the vgr command fortress ••••• (complete) Assasing

+2
General Anubis
Nakamura
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Arming the vgr command fortress ••••• (complete)  Assasing Empty Arming the vgr command fortress ••••• (complete) Assasing

Post by Nakamura Sun May 05, 2013 2:02 pm

The vaygr command fortress needs:

•A flechette cannon set

•A fusion missile launcher set

•A heavy mine layer set

•3 Perforation bomb launchers (only to be activated by the "z" key)

Last edited by Nakamura on Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:13 am; edited 3 times in total
Nakamura
Nakamura

http://www.moddb.com/mods/hw2rebirth

Back to top Go down

Arming the vgr command fortress ••••• (complete)  Assasing Empty Re: Arming the vgr command fortress ••••• (complete) Assasing

Post by General Anubis Thu May 16, 2013 4:44 am

Thinking more about this - the Command Fortress is basically the Vaygr "equivalent" to the Higgie Battle Ark / Voltronified Mothership.

If the game has progressed to the point where people are fielding Voltron Motherships and Command Fortresses, they should be rewarded for that achievement with something worth the investment.

The Command Fortress seems more along the lines of a more supportive/defensive structure. It would seem pertinent for it to have something like intrinsic Fire Control Tower / Defense Tower effects and, this may be a little overpowered so maybe not but, also perhaps an effect similar to the Sensors Array in Homeworld 1 - revealing all ship positions on the map. Again, maybe a little much, but the thing IS 5-digit RUs and Admiral rank, after all.
General Anubis
General Anubis

Back to top Go down

Arming the vgr command fortress ••••• (complete)  Assasing Empty Re: Arming the vgr command fortress ••••• (complete) Assasing

Post by bladevalant546 Thu May 16, 2013 4:52 am

Anubis and I dicussed this concerning the command fortress, and I overall agree with his assessment. As of right now, the Vaygr have little to no counter to the Voltron Mothership. After all, it is a Command Fortress and as it name sake implies. How you could reflect its namesake is to add unit buffs towards combat effectivness. As for weapon sets, Nakamura makes some good suggestions. In addition to his ideas I think some point defense pulsars would be interesting also.

bladevalant546

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura Thu May 16, 2013 5:42 am

Attack/defense boosts are present through the defense facility that unlock weapons.
Sensor ping is present through the communications facility.
Lance turrets are present as a pre-build armament.

Yep, the Hiigaran adv MS is dangerous, but that's where perforation bombs and Dreadnaughts come in.
Nakamura
Nakamura

Back to top Go down

Post by bladevalant546 Thu May 16, 2013 5:46 am

Nakamura wrote:Attack/defense boosts are present through the defense facility that unlock weapons.
Lance turrets are present as a pre-build armament.

Yep, the Hiigaran adv MS is dangerous, but that's where perforation bombs and Dreadnaughts come in.

I will have to concede regarding what you just stated. If those are already included (as Anubis plays Vaygr more than I do) in the default design then your additions would balance it out.

Last edited by bladevalant546 on Thu May 16, 2013 5:50 am; edited 1 time in total

bladevalant546

Back to top Go down

Post by Farcrada Thu May 16, 2013 5:49 am

General Anubis wrote:also perhaps an effect similar to the Sensors Array in Homeworld 1 - revealing all ship positions on the map
That's the: "Ping"-ability, the scouts can do that after being researched.
Farcrada
Farcrada
Fairy Princess

https://homeworldrebirth.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bladevalant546 Thu May 16, 2013 5:52 am

Farcrada wrote:
General Anubis wrote:also perhaps an effect similar to the Sensors Array in Homeworld 1 - revealing all ship positions on the map
That's the: "Ping"-ability, the scouts can do that after being researched.

Concerning what Anubis through process behind this, it seems he is wanting a passive ability rather than a rechargeable ability.

bladevalant546

Back to top Go down

Post by Farcrada Thu May 16, 2013 5:53 am

Hmm... That's be overpowered... As in... WAY too overpowered. I'd say make a limited range on it. The ping ability current;y reveals EVERYthing on the map.
Farcrada
Farcrada
Fairy Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by bladevalant546 Thu May 16, 2013 5:56 am

Farcrada wrote:Hmm... That's be overpowered... As in... WAY too overpowered. I'd say make a limited range on it. The ping ability current;y reveals EVERYthing on the map.

Yea, that would be OP considering the weapons given in the complex mod. A range limit given to the "sensors array" would be better now that you brought that up.

bladevalant546

Back to top Go down

Post by General Anubis Thu May 16, 2013 5:57 am

Nakamura wrote:Attack/defense boosts are present through the defense facility that unlock weapons.

Right, but the area buff is only present for the ships that have those facilities attached. I'm talking about having that radius of attack/defense buff be applied around the Command Fortress (it is, after all, a Command Fortress, it would seem that it should support fleet operations by issuing flight commands and providing better coordination to the fleet).

And what I was getting at with revealing the enemy ship positions on the sensors was having that be an always-on, passive ability that continuously shows the positions in real time, without having to activate the ability. I agree it might be OP - in which case maybe it should just have a very large sensor bubble instead, considering it has some ridiculous sensor stalks sticking out of it.
Farcrada wrote:Hmm... That's be overpowered... As in... WAY too overpowered. I'd say make a limited range on it.
Sounds like we're on the same page here.

Last edited by General Anubis on Thu May 16, 2013 6:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Additional info instead of double posting)
General Anubis
General Anubis

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura Thu May 16, 2013 6:13 am

The ping ability itself is completely overpowered and eliminates all need for late game scouting.
It will take one minute to make the defense facility have a ranged boost. That is a good idea.
Nakamura
Nakamura

Back to top Go down

Post by bladevalant546 Thu May 16, 2013 7:14 am

Nakamura wrote:The ping ability itself is completely overpowered and eliminates all need for late game scouting.
It will take one minute to make the defense facility have a ranged boost. That is a good idea.

When Anubis and I were talking about it, it seemed like a decent idea aswell. I do like the idea to make it a subsystem, this would add some strategic importance to the Station. I do have a question, is it possible to give a pinging warning to the sensor enhancement and prox. sensor much like in Homeworld 1 did?

bladevalant546

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura Thu May 16, 2013 7:23 am

I wouldn't know if we could warn the player that he is being pinged. Probably yes.
Nakamura
Nakamura

Back to top Go down

Post by bladevalant546 Thu May 16, 2013 7:47 am

Yea it would be hard to make the same pinging system that HW1 implemented. I loved using Prox. sensors in HW1 because it would warn me of an approaching fleet. Maybe modify objective pings as a trigger? I can see the difficulty doing this.

bladevalant546

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura Thu May 16, 2013 7:51 am

Prox sensors work the same way now though.
Nakamura
Nakamura

Back to top Go down

Post by bladevalant546 Thu May 16, 2013 8:05 am

Nakamura wrote:Prox sensors work the same way now though.

Okay kool deal I stand corrected myself. So there would be diffcultly adding a simliar "reasearched" feature for the Vaygr Command Fortress.

bladevalant546

Back to top Go down

Post by General Anubis Thu May 16, 2013 8:19 am

Yeah, that would be a pretty good trade off, have the pinging ship/station show up on sensors with a sensor ping (confusing vocabulary - the repeating expanding circle that marks a dot on the sensors, typically used in the campaign) to warn the opponent that it is emitting a Ping.
General Anubis
General Anubis

Back to top Go down

Post by bladevalant546 Thu May 16, 2013 8:28 am

This type of ping is kinda similiar to the typical Sonar ping that a submarine or destoryer would employ. Not only does the ping reveal the enemy, it will reveal your position.

Also, off topc be kinda interesting to have a space submarine. Smile

bladevalant546

Back to top Go down

Post by Farcrada Fri May 17, 2013 10:44 am

Haha, how are you imagining that? Some big-ass torpedo flying through space? That'd look just silly! Totally not Homeworld-like.

However, that's a good point you make there:
bladevalant546 wrote:This type of ping is kinda similiar to the typical Sonar ping that a submarine or destoryer would employ. Not only does the ping reveal the enemy, it will reveal your position.
I can totally see this work, but I doubt if the code will please it.
Farcrada
Farcrada
Fairy Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:42 am

Nakamura wrote:The vaygr command fortress needs:

•A flechette cannon set

•A fusion missile launcher set

•A heavy mine layer set

•3 Perforation bomb launchers (only to be activated by the "z" key)

Can anyone do this?
Nakamura
Nakamura

Back to top Go down

Post by assasing123 Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:17 am

that fortress already got flechette cannons, the range is *frack* up to, so it can only shoot at stuff hugging it, I have a personal version, where just changing the range of the fortress weapons to 15 kilometers, made it a completely different beast, I could replace one of the weaposn for the fussion missile launchers.

the mines I probably can do it, but I really don't find how mines can be useful on an stationary station that costs a fortune to warp around.

the perf bomb launchers, I think I can do too (but this thing just causes a lot of lag...)

how about I upload my own proposal of the fortress for people to rate and we tune it and add the perf bomb launchers if really needed? else, I will just do what you asked.
assasing123
assasing123

Back to top Go down

Post by assasing123 Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:01 am

Uploaded current personal version to drop box, nakamura loved it. so can this be considered done? only gotta find out why perforation pods are not shooting.
assasing123
assasing123

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:33 am

In my game they were shooting. It was probably a positioning issue.
Nakamura
Nakamura

Back to top Go down

Post by assasing123 Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:34 am

good, once I finish the hiig one, I will use the hardpoints currently on the model to further weaponize it.

Naka, have we made any plans about making something beyond fortresses for extra large maps, I m thinking of space stations, capable of basically doing everything and being focal points in maps like 33
assasing123
assasing123

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:02 am

Well, there were no actual plans for such stations... I believe we could give the CF more functions, though.
Nakamura
Nakamura

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next