Homeworld: Rebirth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW VGR dreadnaught model : to be assigned

5 posters

Go down

NEW VGR dreadnaught model : to be assigned Empty NEW VGR dreadnaught model : to be assigned

Post by IGBC Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:14 am

the vaygr dreadnaught needs a new model.
It will need completely new models, with textures, and a firing animation like the original dreadnaught had.

Anyone who feels they can do the job justice please disscuss your ideas below.

Alot of creative freedom is available here, so go nuts
IGBC
IGBC

Back to top Go down

NEW VGR dreadnaught model : to be assigned Empty Re: NEW VGR dreadnaught model : to be assigned

Post by assasing123 Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:00 am

uhm... why a new dreadnought? whats wrong with the new one?
assasing123
assasing123

Back to top Go down

NEW VGR dreadnaught model : to be assigned Empty Re: NEW VGR dreadnaught model : to be assigned

Post by IGBC Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:35 am

It's fruit ugly

(someone remind me to turn the F_ing swear filter off for admins.)
IGBC
IGBC

Back to top Go down

Post by Odie_76 Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:23 pm

And I halted development of my Vaygr Dreadnaught under your recommendation. I can pull that out and let the team have a look to see if it meets the design of the mod.
Odie_76
Odie_76

Back to top Go down

Post by IGBC Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:11 pm

I didn't know you where making one.

Id be interwsted to see what you have
IGBC
IGBC

Back to top Go down

Post by Odie_76 Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:50 am

I used the Vaygr BC as a base.
NEW VGR dreadnaught model : to be assigned Vgr_Dreadnaught
The body is thicker with the hanger bay dropped.  The nose has the array cannon.  The texture needs updating to accommodate the firing animation (The yellow line).  The purple square will be the badge.
Odie_76
Odie_76

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:29 am

We ought to have some differentiation, yes? Looks like scaled up BC...
Nakamura
Nakamura

http://www.moddb.com/mods/hw2rebirth

Back to top Go down

Post by IGBC Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:37 am

I'll be blunt, I don't like it.
I agree with naka that it needs to look different from the BC, but I'd extend that by saying that a DN should not have a hangar. I also think that the aft reactor bulge is an important bit of the original DN's profile, and should be included.
IGBC
IGBC

Back to top Go down

Post by Odie_76 Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:59 am

I would agree that the profile of the Dreadnaught should be noticeably different from the BC, but I could see using the same chassis. Like the MBC, the profile is different, but it shares enough features with the standard BC that the MBC could be built on a modified BC chassis.
I questioned the addition of the hanger on a dreadnaught and that would be easily removed. A reactor bulge could be added.
What secondary weapons are considered for the Dreadnaught?
Odie_76
Odie_76

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:29 am

I`d say nothing at all... perhaps some lance lasers.
Nakamura
Nakamura

Back to top Go down

Post by IGBC Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:11 pm

I second that
IGBC
IGBC

Back to top Go down

Post by ALC Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:34 pm

I think a DN should be able to defend itself against one or two enemy Marine or Capture frigates. Other than that, very little secondary armament.
I agree on the hangar, don't need it.

On the model itself, perhaps it could have side bulges, a bit like the battleship. this would make it a bit more distinctive.

ALC

Back to top Go down

Post by IGBC Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:28 am

no, you don't want to make it look like a hybrid between the BC and BS
IGBC
IGBC

Back to top Go down

Post by assasing123 Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:20 am

lets drop the ion array dreadnought all togheter!

I have a proposal, that will be visually MUCH MUCH more menacing, how about a plasma cannon array, with an horizontal arrangement.

thinking of ... the megalomax cannon from zoids, but firing plasma bolts at a berserk rate from say.. 10 or 20 cannons... visually it would look like a complete beast, and functionally would be the same, but much more vaygr like and different from other stuff!
assasing123
assasing123

Back to top Go down

Post by ALC Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:35 am

Not a bad idea there Smile

ALC

Back to top Go down

Post by Odie_76 Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:13 pm

I think there may have been a discussion about the Vaygr Dreadnaught on the Complex forum and creating a missile ship. Similar weapon system to the MBC, but I with more missiles.
Odie_76
Odie_76

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:49 pm

I don`t see the difference between a missile based dreadnought and the current battleship really.

Is it certain that we need a Dreadnought at all?

Imo if we do it should be armed either with pulse laser shots, or plasma to get any different results... the weapons have to penetrate defense fields.
Nakamura
Nakamura

Back to top Go down

Post by ALC Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:58 am

Nakamura wrote:Is it certain that we need a Dreadnought at all?
A very relevant question. What actual use would it be, considering all the other vessels available? Is a slow moving single purpose mobile fortification really necessary?

ALC

Back to top Go down

Post by IGBC Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:07 pm

Sorry guys but lets leave the balancing questions for AFTER NC is completed. We won't know how anything is going to balance until the core is sorted out, and the quirks it has in game play reveal themselves.

If we are uncertain that the Vgr need a ship with this loadout then I will lock this thread, and we'll come back to it later. But otherwise, back onto the topic of what the ship should look like please!
IGBC
IGBC

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:29 pm

This is design, not balance. It has to be discussed if we need it or not.
Nakamura
Nakamura

Back to top Go down

Post by IGBC Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:21 am

sorry NAkA but what ships are needed is a balance issue, now guys can we please get back to what we want the ship to look like.
IGBC
IGBC

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakamura Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:47 am

Structuring of the fleets are always related to design... How would we differentiate the Dreadnought from the battleship if we don`t resort to a heavy plasma bolt or the usual phase cannon\heavy ion weaponry?

Edit: If the team decides that we don`t need it... well that would save a lot of work. Our resources are limited.
Nakamura
Nakamura

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down